World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate Brian and myself headed for Luce bay on monday
We were armed with Mackies, Squid, Rag and lug

We got there about 1530, low tide was about 1730 so we got set up and by the time we had messed about it was low tide

Time to get the rubby dubby out, we placed it at low tide then fished the tide up, bumped into Snatcher who was hunting the silver bars but only managed a Pollack he said, nice to meet you Snatcher

We fished until 3am with Brian getting a couple of bites and me catching one Doggie, so very poor night indeed

We had a kip on the beach then headed to Ardwell Back Shore as I did last time, we fished the rocks and had a few Pollack, the biggest being 3lb 7oz

We only fished a few hours as the wind was very strong and we got soaked a few times, so headed back to camp and had some food then fished the beach at night, we just wasted our time as the big swell that was on caused a lot of weed and made it unfishable

Brian headed home early on wed and I stayed on and fished the rocks with more favourable conditions than the day before, fishing wise it was poor again with my best fish of the day

I didn't even weigh it as I just couldn't be bothered digging out my scales, I caught a few more pollack all on the small side then took a walk along the cliffs and found another 6 spots for another time

I didn't catch anything at these new spots but they look good for the future, then I headed back and tried one of my old spots and had another 2 pollack but small again, all the fish were taken on floated Rag

I headed home about 15.00 knackered, sorry about lack of photos but phone battery was low and switched it off to save battery most of the time.

Cheers

Davy

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
cracking markings on that wrasse

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cracking markings on that wrasse
Aye it was a beauty, it was my pb even although I didn't weigh it I could tell by it's size and girth.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
good effort mate ,i think its a case of being in the right place at the right time for the shore tope,ive never had a run from the shore this year and i have had big mackerel baits out every time ive been down since may.
keep at it and im sure you will get one.
cheers rab

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers Rab

Do you know when the season ends for tope from the shore?

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
cheers Rab

Do you know when the season ends for tope from the shore?
i think the big females are there right into october mate.they run to over 70lb so i think it would get a bit interesting with one of those on from the shore ! i would prefer a nice 30lber for my first shore tope !
cheers rab

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aye that might be a bit much to handle, anyway thanx for the info

Cheers

Davy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts