World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a day out on jolly bobbin with skipper Mike Stewart today on a late season Tope hunt, Mike brought bait fish from his Bassing trip yesterday and we were glad of them, hard work catching anything apart from tiny Whiting today, we anchored up and started catching dogs and Bull huss and then Mikes reel went into overdrive with the first Tope of the day about 40lb, and then it was my turn with a similar sized Tope 40lb ish my pb and then after a move more huss and a bonus thornback for me, all in all a great way to spend a Monday. Tight lines. Phil.
received_329691301196597.jpeg
received_764409730563199.jpeg
received_253888295323581.jpeg

·
Registered
478 Posts
Great report Phil and well done on another PB,still a chance of a shore Tope in October so might give it a go around the Lee when I close the caravan at the end of the month

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Great fishing and congrats on the new PB :thumbsup:.

Reactions: tikka1958

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Nice one Phil :cool2:

Never had one from the shore in October, but might have a go at the weekend from the boat if the weather plays ball

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The water temperature
Nice one Phil :cool2:

Never had one from the shore in October, but might have a go at the weekend from the boat if the weather plays ball
The water temperature is still 14+ Kev, worth a try :thumbsup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
A guy who used to hire a caravan on our site The Lee regularly caught Tope going into November off Lillypond over low water.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A guy who used to hire a caravan on our site The Lee regularly caught Tope going into November off Lillypond over low water.
The same area John, the Welsh shore caught record came from Ravens point a short distance from lillypond.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts