World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive only been sea fishing now for about a year and would love to catch a tope or try lol. can some1 please tell me some good marks so i can give um a good as i think its time for me to catch something big lol. thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but Tope are almost always caught from boats mate. To catch one from the shore is a very very rare event indeed but not impossible as you can see from the couple of threads in this forum recently.

If you want a realistic chance of catching one I would say try to get yourself on a charter thats going out targeting them.

Maybe someone else could suggest a boat?

Good luck if you do have a bash from the shore tho and make sure to tell us the results!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Id say your best bet is get yourself to one of the well known hound beaches and take it from there.....try to avoid targeting the hounds and chuck out fish baits rather then crab! you do hear of alot of people hooking into tope whilst fishing for hounds but to be honest i dont think that many anglers do target them....what with the sport of hound fishing and all....but i may be wrong. maybe if more people did target them you'd hear of more from the beaches but untill then im not sure.

also id say that the chances of tope in the day is quite high....so if going to a hound mark...daytime fishing might be less busy. also flat calm seas is always good.

good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts