World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
can anyone out there tell me where i can catch a tope from the shore?? i know its unusual to catch from the shore but i know its possible. :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Speedy,

Welcome to the Forum.

The nearest to Oxford is around the Hillhead, Lea - on - Solent area on Southampton Water.

According to my fishing colleagues on the South coast this is quite productive at the moment.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
164 Posts
North Cornish rock marks have historically been fairly productive, areas between Godrevy (Hayle) and Portreath - Find a spot that has a reasonable depth of water at all states of the tide and fishes onto sand. Also I gather that there used to be a decent chance of Tope around Trevose Head. Course as an old Fa*t I am probebly living in the past somewhat.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
they have been landed off chesil beach in recent years. i think i may have hooked into one the other week there. it started to pull my rod out of the stand so i gave it some slack and then struck it, it immeadiatly went steaming downtide so i followed it for about 10seconds and then it bit thought the 30lb trace. i reckon it was either a tope or a giant bass or hound!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts