World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right glad that's sorted, now back to the fishing.
I have heard one or two things about torness, as I have only glanced at this place from the main road up to now, I don't know much about the area, how it fishes or what species are available, would be grateful for any tips as I'm thinking of calling in there when passing sometime if I get a few hours to spare. Any tips or advice welcome.:fish: :fish:

·
Registered
79 Posts
torness is mainly a bass nursery you fish in the hot water outflow channel,99% of the fish are to small to keep but it does throw up the odd two-three pounders,delta eels are mainly used attatched to surf floats,i always find low tide is best, on the right day i have caught bass till my arms were sore,all returned,its the sight of the few who spoil it for everyone by taking home everything they catch, its a sad sight to see so many young bass taken, throwing these people in the sea should be legal.its a good fun place to fish though.......tight lines

·
Registered
775 Posts
throwing these people in the sea is only illegal if you get caught!!! :) :giveup:

byu the time anyone knew they'd be halw way to scandinavia! :boat:

not that I'm advocating this of course

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
whitehorse you are better off fishing the beach in front of the caravan site first thing in the morning you get the occasional good bass and flouders even the odd turbot but it can get very weedy and the hot water outflow if best fished at low tide straight into the outflow with rag or delta eels under a bubble float like mrrayy says be prepared for a lot of fishermen even boys from over the border come here

·
Registered
3 Posts
myself and mrrayy fished torness last weekend not a bite did we get but the area was being patroled by police hopefully this will stop the undrersized fish being taken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts