World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of groundbait in created some almost instant commotion….while that was going on I thought I better tackle up :laugh:

It was only a short session at Shoreham’s deep end to see if there were any Gars about…pancake flat and crystal clear water the rig was adjusted to suit.

Landed 6..dropped 1 on the wind in and had Gars out the water whipping the float about that failed to hook.

Slow by deep end standards but a few about…

:fish:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice fish! Im yet to catch a garfish are they an all year species? I know they frequent the newhaven area

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice fish! Im yet to catch a garfish are they an all year species? I know they frequent the newhaven area
Not an all year round species but now onwards is usually a reliable time to catch them as they feed hard before departing for the winter…they will stay as long as the conditions suit……last year i was out catching them in Mid-November.:fishing:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Did you have a go for Gars yesterday Rob?

I know people said that none were about but was not sure how hard or long people tried for them.
The whole match I had a float pinning a strip up against my leader knot, as per the rig Alan showed me last year. No joy. I did think I saw one out the back early on. Had a big shoal of brit up against the rock groin to my left, but not even schoolies were attacking them.... :(

G

·
Did you have a go for Gars yesterday Rob?

I know people said that none were about but was not sure how hard or long people tried for them.
hi mate,
if the puddle man had a go on saturday and only had mackie
then take my word for it they ain't there!,i tryed for about 45min
normaly if you catch 6 at the deep end you wont see many,if any
down towards lancing end.....ground bait or no groundbait....
saying that..there was a few cought today!

well done on getting your freezer bait :wiggle:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi mate,
if the puddle man had a go on saturday and only had mackie
then take my word for it they ain't there!,i tryed for about 45min
normaly if you catch 6 at the deep end you wont see many,if any
down towards lancing end.....ground bait or no groundbait....
saying that..there was a few cought today!

well done on getting your freezer bait :wiggle:
They're still out there as they were lightly handled and released with care.:thumbs:

G

·
sea was alive with them at Seaford today near Edinburgh Road .... didn't have a cast without a take
hi mate,
thats twice you been fishing in just a few days....you will be
entering some matches soon you old devil you!!!

did you catch much at seaford?
and was there many mackie about?

all the best mate,see you soon puddle man...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts