World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i put a request into North East forum for info, as im going on hols to see Daughter in north shields at royal quay marine. So i asked our friends for the heads up on bait and area to fish, 47 viewed but not ONE ounce of help, makes me sad after all the help ive had on here for years, to think other area,s are not so good at sharing info. I dont want there secret spots just somewhere a pensioner can chill and catch dinner maybe, well Susan dont need me around all the time plus i would enjoy time on my own with fish a ideal way to de stress. SO i apologize for asking for info but anything would be helpful and appreciated so many thank in advance will let you know how i get on happy fishing

·
Registered
629 Posts
As luck would have it I have a (non fishing ) mate staying who is a native of North Shields. He reckons Cullercoats about 5 miles from Shields. Just Google 'Cullercoats fishing ' and a load of info came up. Good luck. I am envious. Having lived on Tyneside for 5 years I really wouldn't mind a visit.

·
Banned
2,348 Posts
You are lucky if they only ignore you. When Michael Caine went up there in Get Carter they killed him and when Edward Woodward went up there they burnt him in the Whicker Man. The NE is no place for us civilised Southern folk.

There are prehistoric folk up there that make Fred Flinstone look like a metrosexual ( and that is just the women). You are best off watching a few episodes of Sandman's tackle time and sorting it out for yourself.

If any passing Geordies grunt in your direction just say "Why Aye" and hope they dont cut your head off and shrink it.

·
Banned
2,348 Posts
Speak for yourself. I caught my first codling in Blackpool. Come to think of it, I caught lots of things in Blackpool.
Chance would've been a fine thing. A guy I worked with in London bought a guest house up there as his retirement. We went up out of season in about 89 to see how he was getting on. In Winter then every club had a locked door and as soon as we asked the bouncers for entry we got the 'Fraid not lads cos yer suvern an we only let locals in out o season'.

All joking aside, I have been all over when I was driving a truck and Blackpool (in winter) was far and away the most hostile to us soft shandy drinking suvern poofs...............except Leicester.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are lucky if they only ignore you. When Michael Caine went up there in Get Carter they killed him and when Edward Woodward went up there they burnt him in the Whicker Man. The NE is no place for us civilised Southern folk.

There are prehistoric folk up there that make Fred Flinstone look like a metrosexual ( and that is just the women). You are best off watching a few episodes of Sandman's tackle time and sorting it out for yourself.

If any passing Geordies grunt in your direction just say "Why Aye" and hope they dont cut your head off and shrink it.
will take advice onboard when i arrive remembering i moved to london 1972 from Glasgow been here ever since dont think geordie,s will be a problem happy fishing m8

·
Registered
654 Posts
Google "Nesa" for catch reports.

As a northerner now living in Colchester, I find quite the opposite (the angler next to you rarely pops over to chat, or to give you his spare bait when leaving and catch reports and hot spots are so secretive).

Regards,

Mal

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Google "Nesa" for catch reports.

As a northerner now living in Colchester, I find quite the opposite (the angler next to you rarely pops over to chat, or to give you his spare bait when leaving and catch reports and hot spots are so secretive).

Regards,

Mal
On the piers that may be true to many ill mannered emigrants but on beach its hard work for them and i most always ask someone near if they want spare bait vice versa and im scottish be lucky M8

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If we have anything left we always offer it to anybody who's still fishing.

As for piers it's amazing how much fresh bait we've found in the litter bins on Deal pier sometimes.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You won't go far wrong by going to 'Billys fishing tackle shop' which is very close to where you will be staying. Billy is a good bloke and has helped us out in the past and will tell you where the easiest marks along there to fish. Best to ring up and order bait in advance. Easy parking outside as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.