World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With good weather and light winds, we thought we would have a crack at some new marks,forget the wrecks and go looking for some plaice. Tried a few drifts over a couple of spots we had been told about .....not a touch. Went to our usual marks which have thrown up some nice fish over the last couple of seasons....Nothing. Tried, crab,rag,lug and still not a thing. In the end we ran out of ideas, so we carried on a drift back towards the marina, and picked up a couple of baby plaice on the way.

Plenty of boats out on the same marks, with the same ideas, but by the way they moved from mark to mark, they must have been having a tough time too.

Just to rub salt in the wound, we had a look at the charter boats when they got back. They had the best catches of quality pollack Ive seen in a good few years.
Loads in the 12lb range and no shortage of smaller ones. All taken at approx 21 miles. Oh well, some you win, some you dont.

ps they also had some huge mackeral over the wrecks. Not one to be seen inshore.

Roll on summer,and some proper fishing.

Raider

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
hi mate it is tough out there at the moment i have been having a winge about the poor catches from the beach recently and had a quite day yesterday out over the brisbane wreck out of newhaven just dogs and whiting , surely its got to get better when there are some mackeral in cheers andy

C

·
0 Posts
Another couple of weeks should see them starting to move inshore a bit more. I usually find that the decent cod and pollack seem to arrive on the inshore wrecks about the same time as the mackerel.
I am out from Newhaven next friday and sunday on Carrick Lee. Hopefully we will find some of those 12lb Pollack:)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I know it`s hard going inshore at the moment.
Going out to some wrecks 15-20 mile from Brighton in the morning so hope to land a pollack or few.
Will post a report with catch of the day pics.

Alan

C

·
0 Posts
I know it`s hard going inshore at the moment.
Going out to some wrecks 15-20 mile from Brighton in the morning so hope to land a pollack or few.
Will post a report with catch of the day pics.

Alan
Good luck Alan. I will also be posting a Herne Bay report.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Luck out there, lets hope you do a bit better than us.

We did see a boat come back from the wrecks with approx 6 Bass caught on livebaits He is a commercial rod and line Bass fisherman,obviously knows his stuff and really puts in the miles . It just shows you that they are out there, but you need to be in the know with tactics and locations/tides etc to get them.

Best of Luck

Raider

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
does anyone know how SEABREEZE did ,i know of a fella who went out to day,,,from brighton ,,,cheers TIGHT LINES

1 - 7 of 7 Posts