World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else finding the fishing tough at the moment. My wife is pregnant at the moment so every hour is a prisoner getting the house in order. Any way .... headed out to Swanswater near Stirling on Saturday morning early. Was a bit bright but managed to find some shade at the favourite end of one of the ponds. Payed for a four hour ticket, 2 hours is a bit short. Fished hard and really struggled. Tried all of my usual patterns that usually work and had a few pulls before i managed to keep one on the hook, felt like i was using rubber hooks !!!!! Green pea was the fly of the day taking two of the three fish i landed (all the fish were hard fighting, acrobatic little blues.) Had lots of plucks and the tails on the flies were clipped fairly short. Knocked two on the head for 4lbs 4oz in the freezer for the in-laws. Just wondered if anyone else had been finding the trout hard to catch at the moment or is it just me !!!!! Tight lines cheers.

·
Registered
20,857 Posts
its not just you captain i usually fish between the swanswater and wellsfield when not sea fishing(only 15 mins away)
and have noticed it has been extremely difficult of late all the usual tactics been struggling. even the fishery owners have noticed
been getting comments like "its not like you to blank" lol. have hd a few good days mixed in though mostly early morning sessions,
cant seem to get many fish in the afternoon. crisp packet buzzers or black and gold tadpoles been doing the biz lately for me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts