World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to have a bash for the sole and bass at town quay , met up with fisherdan and steve 1973 , plain old worm baits for the sole and pout and maccy for the bass , arrived at 7 pm and was fishing by 7.15 , very slow start with few rattles until it got dark , on the flood things started off ok , with bagging 1 of the target species a small slip of 6 ozs ............

Things then went really slow untill i had a walloping bite on worm , slack line and immedieatly became taut again , wound down into a right old lump , i thought smutt on as one had just been bagged on worm weiighing in at 10 lbs 2 ozs , how wrong i was , something ive been after for years ................

2lbs 4 ozs , i was over the moon !! things never really picked up untill over high water when the bass were becoming a menace , striking at live pout , whiting and mackeral fillets but then leaving them well alone , id had enough and was determined to stick it out untill daybreak untill i got one ! well day was just breaking and the live pout rod screamed over , i lifted into it and bullied it out ..................

weighed in at 5 lb 9 ozs , biggest of the year for me ! well a very slow night but some great fish pulled out ,both the sole and bass were released to fight another day , its great to see the bass have finally shown themselves , 6 am and off home :crazy:

lee.

G

·
I've gotta hand it to you, what a great session, mouth watering for someone who is itching to get out and fish, well done!!!!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Great report and lovely fish - I've not tried around there, but the idea of the bass hitting the live pouts is kinda enticing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.