World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at town quay for just over an hour fishing from the car and now they've sent me a bloody parking fine! Surely if your fishing in your car you shouldn't have to pay, right or wrong? Anyone else had the same? Im appealing against it as it was past 6pm and i wasn't technically parking.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Was at town quay for just over an hour fishing from the car and now they've sent me a bloody parking fine! Surely if your fishing in your car you shouldn't have to pay, right or wrong? Anyone else had the same? Im appealing against it as it was past 6pm and i wasn't technically parking.
Was it an official southampton council ticket. If not tell em to shove it. Alot of these private types like you get a Tesco and places like that are not enforcable. And they are just issue them willy nilly. In the hopes that some people will pay them. Usually putting an appeal in generally shuts em up. If itis a council one sorry to say but you are probably buggered. They usually operate a " computer says no policy " unless you can prove the area you were in was private property and you had consent to park there. There are a few places in Southampton that come under this, where the council issue tickets for land that isn't actually theirs to police.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi m8 daughter had same problem at macdonalds with company called MET parking,, they wrote to her demanding payment, we returned their demand via the shredder with a note saying bo##ox,never heard no more,,3years ago now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it an official southampton council ticket. If not tell em to shove it. Alot of these private types like you get a Tesco and places like that are not enforcable. And they are just issue them willy nilly. In the hopes that some people will pay them. Usually putting an appeal in generally shuts em up. If itis a council one sorry to say but you are probably buggered. They usually operate a " computer says no policy " unless you can prove the area you were in was private property and you had consent to park there. There are a few places in Southampton that come under this, where the council issue tickets for land that isn't actually theirs to police.
That's what i thought as it's not Southampton city council it's parking eye or similar so they can just whistle. Thanks for replies :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
mate use the search bar at the top there is a large thread on the parking eye at town quay on therein the southwest forum mate and as for you saying you are technically not parking is a bit of a losing battle mate as there are loads of signs there saying no fishing ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mate use the search bar at the top there is a large thread on the parking eye at town quay on therein the southwest forum mate and as for you saying you are technically not parking is a bit of a losing battle mate as there are loads of signs there saying no fishing ?
Thanks i will look at that. Where i fished there were no signs saying no fishing and I never saw any signs anywhere near where I fished! so maybe they need to make it clearer!

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
I had a wee look on Google maps and there's yellow no parking signs everywhere unless they all have been stolen for scrap the day you were there lol..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies and after checking out the other threads on this and further research they can shove their invoice up their **** If anyone fishes the quay and gets letter for not parking ignore it as it's not a fine and not enforceable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts