World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what can i say the named company above doesn't have any i purchased an rod of the company last Feb and it had a hybrid tip now while out fishing a couple of weeks before Xmas i noticed where the tip is spliced in that it had cracked and come away from the rest of the rod ?

no biggie it under warranty haha now the fun begins i return the rod from where i purchased it and was told that he would contact trabucco uk and get it replaced
so i leave my rod with them 2 weeks later i contact the fishing shop to be told that trabucco have been informed and are sorting it now comes the shoddy bit
after weekly visits/phone calls to the tackle shop i get told my new complete replacement rod will be here by the weekend turned up today when i opened the rod bag to find i was not sent a new rod but one that had been repaired ARGH after waiting nearly 3 mouths ok u think it not that bad but wait the repairs are so bad it looks like my son has had ago at doing it the rings they have put on are not even the same style as the originals on the blank not even the same colour and the thread is the wrong colour after chat with the tackle shop owner i decided i would contact trabucco myself after asking why it had taken so long to arrive i was advised my rod was a diff model to the currant one and that Italy would only send me a tip section from the new version so the eyes would not match and that they where trying to source the tip i needed well they couldn't so trabucco uk agreed to send a complete rod out to me at there expense ? which is when i recieved the stated rod

when i emailed trabucco uk he was about as help full as a chocolate tea pot not once did he say sorry for the time it took or for the poor replacement he sent while i understand that he wasn't the trabucco importer at the time the tackle shop purchased the rod he was when i did and the warranty starts from date of purchase so this is now his responsibility being sole importer/agent for trabucco to which he replied if i wasn't happy send the original rod back to Italy myself and take it up with them and send him his piece of bean cane materiel back to him ?
so lets get this straight wants me to pay postage to Italy ? and postage to him i have already had to pay £12 to get the original replacement so to sum it up trabucco lovely rods trabucco uk customer service rubbish

and just to warn people the trabucco rods on a famous action site that state are repaired with eyes from italy while this may be true dont match the orther rings on the rod and is no where near a pro finish to the new eyes

·
13,170 Posts
The legal responsibility lies with the retailer. "Manufacturer's Warranty" is effectively an added extra extra. Go back to the retailer and get your money back. Sales of Goods Act 1979.

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
thats bad mate , not the one that snapped tother night in the force 4 was it ? spose not , anyway , i reckon gulps right , surely its not down to you to send stuff here there and everywhere .................is it ? see you tomorrow night mate and i hope you get it sorted , those rods are not cheap

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
The legal responsibility lies with the retailer. "Manufacturer's Warranty" is effectively an added extra extra. Go back to the retailer and get your money back. Sales of Goods Act 1979.
:clap: Spot on, the retailer was fobbing you off, it's the retailer that's responsible, not the importer, wholesaler, manufacturer et. al. A product must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable time. If it doesn't you are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement, YOUR choice. A warranty is in excess of your statuary rights under the sale of goods act. :nono:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i feel the tackle shop has done all in his power that is why i took it up directly with trabucco uk as it is hard enough for tackle shops to stay alive and make a living without forking out of there own pocket for a new rod that inst down to any fault of there but a manufacturing default suppose i am just lucky that i have other rods to use and the issue is he was dealing with the tackle shop and they had no joy and couldn't sort me out with another rod as he didn't have any in stock and trabucco uk is the only way of getting them i feel it is down to trabucco to replace my rod not the tackle shop i braught it from so the battle contiunues

·
13,170 Posts
i feel the tackle shop has done all in his power that is why i took it up directly with trabucco uk as it is hard enough for tackle shops to stay alive and make a living without forking out of there own pocket for a new rod that inst down to any fault of there but a manufacturing default suppose i am just lucky that i have other rods to use and the issue is he was dealing with the tackle shop and they had no joy and couldn't sort me out with another rod as he didn't have any in stock and trabucco uk is the only way of getting them i feel it is down to trabucco to replace my rod not the tackle shop i braught it from so the battle contiunues
No. I can understand your feelings. However, the law is clear. The retailer should have sorted the matter with you. If the retailer then wishes to take up his loss with the manufacturer, then that is a matter for him. You can't really expect the manufacturer to sort it, just because you have chosen not to enforce your rights. However well intentioned your actions are.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha well the tackle shop has agreed to replace the rings on the one trabucco uk sent so they all match which i am happy to accept my piont being how a company like trabucco can be happy to take your money and give such a poor custmer service is beyound me i get what u r all saying but like i said the tackle shop has done there part in my eyes and i have taken a personal stance with trabucco uk for being so rubbish in there after sales which should be a high prioty in my eyes as for one i will never buy another rod made by trabucco for this simple reason

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
as it stands though mate , crap aftersales with trabucco or any other company is the dealers pigeon not ours ,,,,, or yours, bottom line ? dealers beware !!!

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
:clap: What should of happened is that the tackle shop refunded you your money and then the wholesaler gives him a refund, credit or another rod, that's the way it's supposed to work under the law, it's not for the customer to waste their time and money chasing it up. :nono:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If in doubt, buy Century.
I have had a few little repair jobs needing doing (my fault, not the rods) and they have always been more than amazing and reasonable. For instance, I cracked a tip ring on my Vectura 11' and did not know where to find one. They just sent one gratis. A few other incidents like that.
Hence my loyalty.
Makes the world of difference.
Knowing I can buy with confidence makes me buy more.
Simple.
I imagine companies like Zzipplex are similar?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah most compnys are that is what has miffed me most about trabucco will not be buying another one of there rods that is for sure will stick to vercelli as the after sales is amazing from them

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
yeah most compnys are that is what has miffed me most about trabucco will not be buying another one of there rods that is for sure will stick to vercelli as the after sales is amazing from them
:clap: With the better brands you find you don't need after sales service. :clap:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just seen your rod in the tackle shop. As you said totally shocking repair. Don't despair, will have it better than new for you soon.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Just to add to the other (very correct) posts about your consumer rights. The Amazon version is very limited and actually the law goes a lot further than that! You simply should not have been paying anything to anybody to get that fixed and personally I would not be too impressed with the retailer .... he is in the business and this is part of being a retailer, it comes with the territory so in truth he should not be letting you get messed about like that.

On top of what has already been said are a couple of very important points ... the first is that having agreed to go to the company under their warranty does not cancel out your statutory rights to go back to the retailer - you can still choose to do that if you are not satisfied. As well as that, had you purchased with a credit card you would be able to go to the credit card issuer too if the retailer had let you down. Also, any replacement/repairs etc are covered too .... so if you get a replacement tip, for example, you have a year on it?

As people said, not very good publicity for the Company - have you spoken to them direct? I'm just wondering if they are aware of your dealings with the UK agent.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yes we all know we have rights and it is down to the retailer, but this gentleman seems to have a good relationship with his tackle dealer,
so why not let the manufacturer put it right, afterall it was a manufacturing fault. Century do!

But I did get the point of the op's thread, that Trabucco customer service is next to non existent, so buyer beware I think.
If it ain't one thing its another with these Fishing Tackle Firms, don't you just get fed up with it?

lighty

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to add to the other (very correct) posts about your consumer rights. The Amazon version is very limited and actually the law goes a lot further than that! You simply should not have been paying anything to anybody to get that fixed and personally I would not be too impressed with the retailer .... he is in the business and this is part of being a retailer, it comes with the territory so in truth he should not be letting you get messed about like that.

On top of what has already been said are a couple of very important points ... the first is that having agreed to go to the company under their warranty does not cancel out your statutory rights to go back to the retailer - you can still choose to do that if you are not satisfied. As well as that, had you purchased with a credit card you would be able to go to the credit card issuer too if the retailer had let you down. Also, any replacement/repairs etc are covered too .... so if you get a replacement tip, for example, you have a year on it?

As people said, not very good publicity for the Company - have you spoken to them direct? I'm just wondering if they are aware of your dealings with the UK agent.
morning blackdog
yes i am aware of the retailers responsibility the tackle shop in question did offer me another rod but not the one that broke yes i could of taken him up on that offer as this is my rights but like i said i love the rod and wanted the same one again and the tackle shop isn't stocking them any more so that is why i have the issue with trabucco uk i have not yet been in contact with trabucco in Italy this will be my next port of call as trabucco uk have been less than helpfull i am giving him untill friday to reply to my last email if i have no joy will contact trabucco in italy and see where that gets me

·
13,170 Posts
morning blackdog
yes i am aware of the retailers responsibility the tackle shop in question did offer me another rod but not the one that broke yes i could of taken him up on that offer as this is my rights but like i said i love the rod and wanted the same one again and the tackle shop isn't stocking them any more so that is why i have the issue with trabucco uk i have not yet been in contact with trabucco in Italy this will be my next port of call as trabucco uk have been less than helpfull i am giving him untill friday to reply to my last email if i have no joy will contact trabucco in italy and see where that gets me
Irrelevent. They should still have got you one in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys

in my defence

1. Trabucco uk did not in the first place sell this rod to the dealer but was doing its best to be helpful

2, Trabucco Italy no longer stock parts for this 3 year old model rod and did not at the time have a replacement to offer

3, trabucco uk on there on behalf sent the only whole new model rod they had left in stock including the tip section that broke,
this was not a perfect solution as it was a repaired rod and the guides are different but it was the best that could be done at the time

4 Trabucco uk always made clear it was a repaired product and not new,

5 the dealer is in no way to blame for this but the first time he looked at the repair was with the customer

6Trabuuco Italy are aware of the problem

7 my understanding is the dealer is going to re ring the spare tip section for the customer so the whole rod matches up.

I hope we can all move on from what was not a good situation due to lack of spare rods and sections but one which is being resolved as well as it can be.

Rods break, and I will always do my best to make sure Trabucco Uk does the right thing. Spare sections are 99% of the time available from Italy, just not this time for which I apologise

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Trabucca rod , yes i have one and within 4 sessions of using it 3 eyes broke, its a great rod but think they got to get their act together with the eyes, not only the eyes BUT the reel seat moves round when you put your reel on , 9 P****D off or what £220 for the rod , i paid £80 to get new eyes on , but still got the problem of the real seat !!!!!! Trabucca are they worth the money ?????? I THINK NOT !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts