World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
I had read on another forum some one else who had been left by the RAC with a broken down trailer and as my renewal was due I sent them an email this was there reply

Thank you for your email to RAC Motoring Services. Please accept my
apologies for the delay in reply.

I would like to advise that under our Recovery service caravans/trailers on tow at the time of a breakdown
are covered up to a maximum overall length of 7.6 metres (25 feet)including tow bar. However, if it is your
caravan or trailer that has broken down at the roadside and we cannot repair it at the scene, then if
requested to do so by the Police we will remove it to a place of safety.

If you require the broken down caravan/trailer to be recovered to a destination of your choice we will arrange
but not pay for this.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

If you require any further assistance please contact us again.

Regards

Tessa Francis
RAC Customer Services

I am a member of the Camping and Caravaning club I took a look at their web site and saw a caravan being loaded on to a RAC recovery Truck under their Arrival scheme and it covers all trailers.
I phoned the RAC to check, the result was that Arrival was added to my Recovery for no extra charge I only had to give them my Caravan and Camping Club membership number.
Seems a bit to simple lets hope I never have to put it to the test.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.