World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Trailer vertical sidebars

693 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  oakley_ten 
#1 ·
I have now bought my Strikeliner and want to add some vertical bars to the trailer to assist retrieval in a side wind/current.

I have seen trailers with these fixed on using U bolts but have been unable to locate a vendor.

Any help on where I can find them will be appreciated.

#4 ·
hayling trailors sell them,they are just over the bridge on hayling island.about £80
I had mine made by a local trailer shop, cost about the same, but mine were made strong enough to hold a fully laden Alaska in the Langstone Harbour cross-current. You need to check how they would stand up to actually holding the boat as some I have seen are just guide rods rather than a strong cradle to help retreival. If you can get them ready made you can see what you are getting, but if not it will be no problem for a trailer shop to make them for you.

#5 ·
I used to have them on my old Oyster 16's trailer. I took them off as they were always bending and tipping the trailer over. What I do instead is turn the trailer into the tide or wind (which ever is effecting the retrieval more) and let the tide or wind push the boat onto the trailer. It works for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.