World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
947 Posts
David - I put in another thread that this mark is given by John Wilson in his book "Where to fish............" I checked out Corton on Local.Live.com using their hybrid mode in close up detail, to see if it would give the answer to your question. Interesting results indeed be no absolute answer I'm afraid. I also looked at Getamap from the Ordanance Survey site,also to no avail. I think the only solution is to go there and ask a local...........or even ask in the "local". Let us know if you locate Tramps Alley!!! Best wishes.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!!

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Tramps Alley is just north of Lowestoft. Going south on the A12 go down Corton Long Lane just as the duel carriageway ends coming from Gt Yarmouth (on the left). At the end turn right and about 400m down, as you come out of the trees there is a turning on the left - Tramps Alley. Not been down there for a few years so not sure of the parking situation.

Apparently the groyne to the right as you go down is a bit snaggy, but apart from the no real dramas. Not sure if there's much about at the moment, but if it's like the rest of the coast I'd rather be in the pub.

Here is a Multimap link to it, it's opposite Pleasurewood Hills (seaward side of course).

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....=0&scale=100000&multimap.x=352&multimap.y=127

(anybody got any idea how to change that to 'click here' as it's a just a tad long!)

· Registered
947 Posts
Thanks Bootster for the directions, you've saved me from having to go in the pub......never mind......David if you are going to check out the mark please let us all know how you get on. Thanks again
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

· Registered
33 Posts
I'd just add to Bootster's directions that parking is in the pitch and putt car park on the right-hand side of the road. Tramps Alley is at the bottom of a dip in the road, the turn into the car park is as you go up the other side of the dip. There are some big blocks of concrete in the entrance to stop the gypsies getting in, but you should be able to get through. There is a footpath through to the road, Tramps Alley is opposite.

I was in Sam Hook's this afternoon and heard codling have been caught from Corton this week. That should see the beach full now! Looking on leader-lines it seems Pakefield and Kessingland are throwing up fish too, so they are about.

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Yep, should have probably stayed out of the pub last night, 5lber from Tramps last night so it's going to start getting busy down there, especially with reports from a few other places. Pakefield was deserted last week, get a few reports of codling and suddenly the world and his brother turns up, oh well!

I'm leaving it a few weeks I think, need to get some crab and then it's bass and ray time, had enough of the codling now (such a hard life eh? :) ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.