World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought a boat (24ft inboard diesel) at cheap price needing a bit of tlc and noticed when doing a rewire that she has a thru hull transducer but no fish finder.
any ideas on how I can find out which fish finders would be compatible, only info I got is a sticker on cable marked th-w wide?

dont really want to have her lifted out of water just to fit new transducer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris

Yes thats the 1 just looked at site you linked and nothing so just emailed lei see what they say.

Thanks for help m8

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well to follow up on the transducer I got an email back from the ebay guy in the states (very helpful) and picked up a lowrance x70a for £26.00 from a uk ebayer (sold as spairs or repairs).
Went out to boat last night just to try it and connections are identical so lovely jubbely and works a treat.

Lowrance and lei never even replied to my enquiry.

thanks guys for the help!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Another result for WSF and another manufacturer with questionable customer service. Perhaps their aftersales budget would be better spent here?

Why is it that Marine gear proportionately costs so much and yet aftersales support from several companies seems non existant?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it doesnt do them any favours Chris.

If this unit dies or I decide to replace boat and require electronics for it I think I would hesitate buying from them.

I run my own business and customers old and new get treated equally, even if its just an inquiry.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOWR...9747104QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38630QQcmdZViewItem

Is this what you have? Check out Lowrance's site for what head unit it fits

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/default.asp

Should add that Lowrance use 192K Htz, All the other makers use 200K Htz, please be aware when you pick the head unit
chris,

the newer lowrance sets use 200khtz now, my last 2 sets have been duel frequency 200/50khtz

it might be an older 192 transducer

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
My bad, Huminbird use the 192. Handy if you want dual sounders that don't interfere.

My apologies for the duff info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts