1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bridge Cable-stayed bridge Extradosed bridge Night Fixed link
Fish Fish
Pomeranian Spitz Cat Room Non-Sporting Group
Yet again the wind put pay to my hopes of getting out on the boat so a last minute trip off the shore had to do, so i fished the bridge this afternoon, 2hrs before high and an hour after, rag, blacks and squid were the choices. Had a few knocks and managed to hook a small codling and a flatty, both returned safe n sound. Fished out of the v dub and managed to stay dry ish...... nice to get out and beat the blank. Heres hoping the wind will go away and normal business may resume!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
874 Posts
Nice one m8 !! just goes to show there is fish in the usk. There are a few idiots on here who will ask what weight and size it is but who cares m8 you did'nt blank. good report too;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Don't worry dave they look bigger than the one's you catch off your boat lol,
What no old man no wonder you caught something

·
Banned
874 Posts
Is 22-250 foxer implying people put up false pics on here lol .. funny as none of us has seen any of his pics lmao:);):D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
parked on the footpath to the left of the bridge facing the river and fished out of the side of the bus, no snags by there

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pill side pal, on the main road just past the Waterloo Hotel, nice easy fish, no snags and the added bonus, if its tipping down, you can sit in the car!

·
Premium Member
9,556 Posts
Born and breed on the Usk, fished it since I was a kid. ( But not regularly since late 70's when I was 25 )
The river has always had plenty of fish but it is far more rubbish filled nowadays. Back then, there were still sand boats up and down on a regular basis and PEOPLE didn't use the river as a dumping ground. Just take a look on LW at the amount of tyres, trollies and other stuff that's been thrown in.
All that said it's still a good place to beat the blank and have some fun with the mini's and the odd chance of a better fish, if you fish it right !!

Reactions: 6755

·
Banned
874 Posts
If you go a little bit further down (by car sales ) there is a cracking bank . That's where i usually fish the usk from time to time.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Born and breed on the Usk, fished it since I was a kid. ( But not regularly since late 70's when I was 25 )
The river has always had plenty of fish but it is far more rubbish filled nowadays. Back then, there were still sand boats up and down on a regular basis and PEOPLE didn't use the river as a dumping ground. Just take a look on LW at the amount of tyres, trollies and other stuff that's been thrown in.
All that said it's still a good place to beat the blank and have some fun with the mini's and the odd chance of a better fish, if you fish it right !!
Yes its such a shame any salmon in the Usk are now only found in the can, and if your lucky......they may already be in the trolley too!
Net Shopping cart Vehicle Recreation

·
Premium Member
9,556 Posts
any salmon in the Usk are now only found in the can
Not really true but I know what you mean.... at least there aren't 30 boats out drift netting with 400m of trammel net. Like there was until 1992. When we stopped them. They not only took Salmon but every other species of fish as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts