World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Ok so I'm the idiot who has just purchased a Trident 15 in Northampton and Lives in Dorset... currently I can't find any courier companies who will take such a long item. Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a company that might be able to transport this kayak or any other advice would be greatly appreciated!
I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all the further I fall into Kayak fishing.
Cheers,
Luc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate your reply Rock-Rover... I hadn't thought of that! I guess it's in their interest to make sure I get the kayak so I don't ask for a refund.. good idea!

·
Registered
580 Posts
You could join anglers afloat (if you haven't already) and see if there's a member on there that could help you? Good luck and enjoy the hobby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could join anglers afloat (if you haven't already) and see if there's a member on there that could help you? Good luck and enjoy the hobby.
Thank you mate. I found someone on the shipping website so will get the kayak this week. I'm really excited although the next challenge is trying to afford all the bits like paddle , dry suit .. the basics ... can wait tho. Thanks for all the help fellas.

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,883 Posts
Yep it's not cheap buy want you can afford then update further down the line but don't compromise on safety

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep it's not cheap buy want you can afford then update further down the line but don't compromise on safety
Thanks, is a radio considered essential right off the bat? Obviously I see the importance of having one but at the prices they are I'm not sure I can get one right away...
Also if I can't afford a drysuit which is likely will a winter wetsuit do the job ? ? ... and... how on earth do you keep your hands warm? I struggle to warm them up on the shore after getting them a tiny bit wet at the moment!

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,883 Posts
Vhf a must pick up a cheapie like a cobra 2nd hand about £60+ don't rely on a mobile
A dry suit is a must have with a pee zip start from £200+
A compass spare paddle as for cold hands just dunk them in the sea for a minute that will cure the problem

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks, is a radio considered essential right off the bat? Obviously I see the importance of having one but at the prices they are I'm not sure I can get one right away... YES IT IS, I TRIED TO GET AWAY WITH IT AND NEEDED RNLI ASSISTANCE, HAD TO USE MY PHONE AND WAS LUCKY THERE WAS A SIGNAL, THERE ARE PLENTY OF PLACES AROUND THE COAST WITHOUT SIGNALS
Also if I can't afford a drysuit which is likely will a winter wetsuit do the job ? ? NO AS ABOVE, IT WAS LATE MAY AND THE WATER CHILLED ME WITHIN 15 MINUTES SO THAT I HAD LITTLE MOTOR SKILLS LEFT ... and... how on earth do you keep your hands warm? IF YOU HAVE A DECENT DRYSUIT WITH NEOPRENE CUFFS YOU WILL BE FINE, IF NOT NEOPRENE GLOVES EITER FINGERLESS OR THUMB AND FOREFINGER EXPOSED I struggle to warm them up on the shore after getting them a tiny bit wet at the moment!
Not shouting just answering your questions, stay safe, the sea doesn`t take prisoners!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vhf a must pick up a cheapie like a cobra 2nd hand about £60+ don't rely on a mobile
A dry suit is a must have with a pee zip start from £200+
A compass spare paddle as for cold hands just dunk them in the sea for a minute that will cure the problem
Thanks Rover.. appreciate the guidance mate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts