World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far is too far? I live 5 miles from Poole so about 9miles from sandbanks and 30miles from chesil is that too far to be considered local?
Looking at a session next weekend

Don't want to get caught out with a whooping fine!

Thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
I’m not an expert on the law but the rules say ‘town, district or part of the city you live in’. I think we may see a tightening up of the enforcement of the laws this week. I would be reluctant to drive 9 miles to fish or take any form of exercise. Just seem to far and a risk of getting a fine?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Over here it's 10 miles travel allowed for exercise including angling and no car pooling allowed either unless you're in the same household or bubble, to myself that means you're not supposed to bypass a nearby venue which you're allowed to use for somewhere further away. Poole has a harbor and pier? I'd say it's no contest if you were stopped at Chesil beach for breaching maximum mileage zones.

Put into perspective thats the same as myself going to South Down to fish when the Antrim coast is closest.

·
Registered
23,810 Posts
Over here it's 10 miles travel allowed for exercise including angling and no car pooling allowed either unless you're in the same household or bubble, to myself that means you're not supposed to bypass a nearby venue which you're allowed to use for somewhere further away. Poole has a harbor and pier? I'd say it's no contest if you were stopped at Chesil beach for breaching maximum mileage zones.

Put into perspective thats the same as myself going to South Down to fish when the Antrim coast is closest.
Yep nearest bit of sea! Not your favourite venue! Walking distance or max 5 miles driving.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yeah it's gotta be poole then really to keep in the good spirit of things ...i got all angry bout it but then put it into perspective and really doesn't matter ...iv been fishing the beach 5 min walk from mine expecting only pins and dabs this time of year lol but enjoyed it on light tackle ...
some nice flatties iv heard in Poole ??

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My local district is West Dorset.But my nearest bit of sea is not in that District.
No milage limit has been set just advice saying stay local.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
London to Durham is a mere 528 miles round trip, and you still have the extra 60 miles mileage for a day trip to Barnard Castle after that.
Apparently that was an acceptable distance last lockdown.
London to Durham is a mere 528 miles round trip, and you still have the extra 60 miles mileage for a day trip to Barnard Castle after that.
Apparently that was an acceptable distance last lockdown.
Ah yes but we arnt kunty like some of those a55holez who believe that’s ok it’s pretty simple even if your local venue is crap which most are this time of year at least you can get out stay local stay safe guys 👍

·
Registered
23,810 Posts
Ah yes but we arnt kunty like some of those a55holez who believe that’s ok it’s pretty simple even if your local venue is crap which most are this time of year at least you can get out stay local stay safe guys 👍
people might learn something about a "crap" venue if they fished it more often????

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
The BBC or ITV (no sure which) had a 30 second slot on a guy who evidently got a £200 fine for fishing after dark. there was a screenshot of a forum or FB there as well. I believe the location was Selsey. [edit.. Hayling Island -see “Hayling Island Official” FB page for more confusing info]

Not saying its true, right or wrong. just a bit of info. stay safe guys

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The BBC or ITV (no sure which) had a 30 second slot on a guy who evidently got a £200 fine for fishing after dark. there was a screenshot of a forum or FB there as well. I believe the location was Selsey. [edit.. Hayling Island -see “Hayling Island Official” FB page for more confusing info]

Not saying its true, right or wrong. just a bit of info. stay safe guys
From what i,ve heared he drove from Gosport to fish Hayling.

·
Registered
23,810 Posts

·
Registered
23,810 Posts
Reactions: isleander82

·
Registered
140 Posts
Unless you,re from Kent where they seem to think a 360 mile round trip to chesil is acceptable :rolleyes:
They’re youtubers so it’s work apparently.

Probably spent £100 on bait and fuel and made £1.25p on views for the video.

·
Registered
23,810 Posts

shouldn't they be setting an example??? I wish a plague of dogfish and pin whiting upon them!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

wouldn’t mind watching that trip on You tube. wonder if the encounter with the police would be on it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts