World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I fished (and blanked) down at my local beach yesterday afternoon. Two police officers turned up, they 'moved on' a young woman who'd sat down to look at her phone. They didn't even look at me, I guess even plod can work it out that sitting fishing alone on a beach your unlikley to be a virus spreader.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Boris got a grilling for 7 miles...on a bike!
Let’s face it, if we go out we put ourselves in harms way....
I know it’s a saying, we’re ok were in the car on our own.... But then we brake down, have an accident.
more people in the mix..
Stay safe , make lures and traces, re- whip the rod rings at home, watch fishing vid’s... this time of year is mostly crap anyway.... and cold!
Easter and warmer weather‘s coming...
Just stay safe and think about transferring this crap to your family, should you venture out!
if you ain't got it the only place you’ll get it is outside...
keep safe all.
B

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Matt Hancock said on TV that Boris cycling 7 miles for exercise is perfectly ok (y)

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Matt Hancock said on TV that Boris cycling 7 miles for exercise is perfectly ok (y)
Yep, don’t see anything wrong with that, seven miles is nothing on a bike.

As for fishing, if people can go local, not 30 miles each way, and use common sense, I say crack on.

The problem with a lot of your south coast shingle beaches is people are just stood there in view of the car park or coast road. Best to be out of sight if you can.

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Yep, don’t see anything wrong with that, seven miles is nothing on a bike.

As for fishing, if people can go local, not 30 miles each way, and use common sense, I say crack on.

The problem with a lot of your south coast shingle beaches is people are just stood there in view of the car park or coast road. Best to be out of sight if you can.
I think that driving up to 10 miles to go fishing is perfectly fine and as Angling has been officially recognised as an exercise and recreation activity as long as you are observing social distancing then it shouldn't matter that you can be seen from the car par park

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
I think that driving up to 10 miles to go fishing is perfectly fine and as Angling has been officially recognised as an exercise and recreation activity as long as you are observing social distancing then it shouldn't matter that you can be seen from the car par park
Yes I agree re distance, not that I need to do anything like that here, I’ve got a dozen rock marks within 15 minutes from the house, probably more actually.

Yes I also agree re being on the beach but out of sight out of mind is even better if you can. Saves some awkward plod pestering you at 12am (you might only have been there three hours).

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
You can drive as far as you want if you don't get caught. Police very unlikely to pull you over. It's on the beach and in the car park that you'll get caught, so find a quiet road and walk a mile away from civilisation.
Dancing Ledge will do the trick

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Question, is the 5 miles limit......... a distance from your door travelef or 5 mile as the crow flies ?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You can drive as far as you want if you don't get caught. Police very unlikely to pull you over. It's on the beach and in the car park that you'll get caught, so find a quiet road and walk a mile away from civilisation.
Bit out of order dude haha.
Stay local or dont fish.....
Saving lives a better pastime imho.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
You can burgle a house if you don't get caught , is that ok?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Having spent two weeks homeschooling I fully intend to go out this weekend. Wouldn’t normally bother in January but my sanity definitely needs it.
Living in seaford I don’t have to worry about distance and I really don’t care if I start the year with a blank. Some fresh air and peace and quiet is definitely required if we have another 4-12 weeks of this.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts