World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for advice on a travel spin/float rod to take with me to Portugal in a few weeks. I also want to take it to the west coast for a week to do a bit of leadhead jelly work, I would have taken my bass rod but the wife bought an mx-5 which has the storage capacity of a match box !
Any of you guys tried & tested anything half decent ? I`d rather a 4/5 piece but would consider a telescopic if you`ve found one that won`t break in a sea breeze.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Probably better in the Tackle Forum Lee, no doubt some nice mod will move it there for you in the not to distant future...

Some of the Shimano travel rods Veals sell get decent reports

·
Registered
314 Posts
wookie man mile ahead of you with the old shimano link. fantastic wee rod off to the falklands with it next year

·
Registered
80 Posts
looking for advice on a travel spin/float rod to take with me to Portugal in a few weeks. I also want to take it to the west coast for a week to do a bit of leadhead jelly work, I would have taken my bass rod but the wife bought an mx-5 which has the storage capacity of a match box !
Any of you guys tried & tested anything half decent ? I`d rather a 4/5 piece but would consider a telescopic if you`ve found one that won`t break in a sea breeze.
try ebay and look for daiwa cormoran travel rods all multi piece, good value and I have used regularly with good results, also I use the shimano xsage rod these are superb quality although a little more expensive, cheers chopper

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been using a couple of fox trekker 3.25lb carp travel rods for 3 years now and they are the business. 7 piece, proper spigots, proper handle and they have excellent back bone for diving pollock, big wrasse and I had a 23lb conger on one, so forget the telescopics and go for one of these.

Retails about £100 bucks each but shop about and you'll get it much cheaper.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ive been using the Shimano exage and beastmaster STC rods for approx 2 years now and cannot fault them, i've ditched my other rods and only use those now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts