World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,i am off to turkey in a couple of months ,looking for a suitable travel rod to take will be pairing it up with a shimano 5000gtb,was looking at the 4 piece surespin from veals,any comments appreciated,or any other ideas ,thanks in advance ,happy easter

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
hi all,i am off to turkey in a couple of months ,looking for a suitable travel rod to take will be pairing it up with a shimano 5000gtb,was looking at the 4 piece surespin from veals,any comments appreciated,or any other ideas ,thanks in advance ,happy easter
why dont you take my exage travel spin??
and ive got the eyebolt too:)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you are still looking to buy a rod i would recommend the Mike Ladle 4surespin or the Daiwa Wilderness travel rods.

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Might sound dumb for me to buy a rod but year back I decided late to take a telescopic with me on holiday. Could`nt get a blank in time so went to GAC and had a look. Got the 7ft Shimano exage, Had great fun with it when we were`nt on the boat between mullet bashing and then some carp to about 6-8lb on the reservoirs.

Nice light little rod, good action and good fun at an affordable price.

Liked it so much I think I`ll buy the company :) :)

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
definately get the exgae.. just got myself the 3.00 -3.30m, 6 peice. will cast 3oz easilt if needed and brilliant with a spinner or plug.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think,once upon a time,they were pretty much ****e but these days they are widely used,very popular abroad.I went to Cuba last year and watched a guy(after a good scrap and anyone who says Barracudas dont fight is talking testicles)pull in a 28lb "Cuda"on a telescopic Rod,opened up my eyes because the 4 piece Shimano exage I took with me was vastly underweight for the fishing there,had some real good fun with small bonefish up to about 2lbs,blimey they dont half go

1 - 12 of 12 Posts