World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that telescopic rods are not the best think to have but I wonder if anyone has come across any decent ones or any possible alternatives.
The problem i've got is that I have a have a 2 piece 13ft beachrod, which does not fit easily into the car (blocks passenger doors both front and back. As i'm based in the middle of the country this can make travelling for passengers a touch uncomfortable.
Any comments or suggestions greatfuly received. (changing car at the moment is not an option).

·
Registered
150 Posts
The 6-piece rod Fox Trek Beach 11'6" 5-6 oz has got great reviews, and should definetly be an alternative to a telescopic rod. The price isn't bad either, retails at about £60-70. Only problem with this rod is that you probably won't cast as long compared to a 2-piece 13'.

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that bass but with my skills at tying things down the rods would be gone within 5 minutes of starting off. :eek:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
A guy I spoke to once always used his ski box. If he was moving between marks with his car, he stayed rigged up, just split the rods, chucked them in his box, and then was ready to go as soon as he reached the new mark - no tackling up to do again, and no messy car with hooks stuck in the cushions.

Sounds like a good enough idea - how long do they come?

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
The more pieces in a rod, the more difficult for the manufacturer to maintain a progressive bend without flat spots, that's why they make them in 2 pieces. It's only pressure from the consumer that has forced them to produce multi section rods. If it's done right, it should be just as strong as a 2 piece.

I've never heard anything good about telescopic rods. They are after all a compromise, and where you gain in portability, you lose in useability. But that is my opinion, the best way is to try one and see. Any excuse to visit the tackle shop. ;)

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I'm lucky. Our local shop is owned by a sea fishing nut and he always has loads of sea tackle and fresh bait. Where you live is a long way from the coast, and the midlands is known for it's coarse fishing, and the owner has to cater for the market around him.

You could always move to the coast :)

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found on the net a Leeda 10ft beach/pier rod in 3 sections for under £20. Anyone know anything about Leeda products?

G

·
imho they suck the farts from dead seals used a few broke a few dam make a pretty cheap 3 piece which is quite sturdy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts