World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A up

Can anyone recomend a half decent tele / travel beach rod please?

Something under £50 would be nice. All the ones ive looked at are about 2 inch thick at the but section, I wanted something a little slimmer if possible.

Any help appreciated
Rich

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Have a look at the Fox trek -this is a six piece travel rod in a travel tube - 11' 6" can handle up to 6oz and has quite reasonable bite detection at distance - I picked mine up on ebay for £55 - certainly does the job for me
I will 2nd that choice.

ebay shop UKFishingtackle has them for £79.99 inc PP.

Mine is marked Fox Trek 2. No idea if it is different from an earlier model but it is a nice rod. Casts well and has a good finish - hard to believe it is a multi-piece rod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the Fox Trek as well. Not the lightest rod in the world but very strong. Can't fault it for the money and the rod tube fits nicely across the top of a rucksack without sticking out at the sides much. Handy if you're climbing down to a rock mark as it leaves both hands free. Also handy to leave in the car all the time, in case you break your regular rod (or forget to take it!) on an away trip.

·
TEAM FORESHORE
1,793 Posts
Have a look at the Fox trek -this is a six piece travel rod in a travel tube - 11' 6" can handle up to 6oz and has quite reasonable bite detection at distance - I picked mine up on ebay for £55 - certainly does the job for me
what hiljon says good travel kit bud ... tight uns ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts