World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out today catching myself some good old sun-stroke and the odd schoolie and watching the Mullet perform their acrobatics. I got thinking (which I try to avoid) why have I got a bag full of lures with me
I was out for four and a half hours and used 2 lures, Abu Tormentor and a Ima Komomo II.
From now on I'm only going to take 6 lures with me at the most. For tomorrow I have sorted out my 6,
Abu Tormentor 90mm
Angel Kiss 115mm
Lucky Craft Sammy 115
Komomo II
Jackson Artoron 125
Maria Chase BW 125
My six will change from day to day depending on where I am fishing for now but my aim is to end up with six I will use where ever I fish.
I want to end up being able to carry everything I need in my pockets, fish grip, log nose pliers, lures, tobacco, lighter and spare lighter
So boys and girls what would be the six you would have if you could only use six and what tools could you not do without?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I dont own that many lures at the mo but the one that i would defo take with me all the time is the maria angel kiss in veals mackerel. Total confidence lure and great for newbies like me! The one thing i always take with me is a towel! The wife hates it when i wipe slime on my trousers then put them in the washing basket!!!! :spiteful:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Rapal Jointed 13 cm Blue & White, Silver & White. Chug Bug, Storm Sand Eel & Balrag, Bass Bullett and Eddystone Ells.

·
Registered
790 Posts
carrying 15kg of lard around so a few grams of lures doesn't make that much difference

Would take

X-rap 10
Feed Shallow in mullet
Susuke 140 sand borer
Dexter wedge or toby
MB dog X or Sammy
Zonk

Few split rings, trebles, pliers and boga some water and a plastic bag :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing at the moment... did a sesh this morning with 5:

Yo-Zuri Mag Popper -Sandeel
Yo-Zuri IMA Copy - Sandeel orange belly
Maria Chase BW - Holo Silver
Tackle House Feed Shallow - Mullet
Patchinko - Black n Silver

Will probably just move down to one box, other additions will be:

Patchinko - Glowing Yellow
Taser Sandeel 5"- Holo Blood Head
Taser Sandeel 3" - Holo Black
Sidewinder Popper - Black n Silver
Yo-Zuri Crystals - Yellow, Green, Blood Head (until I can hide enough money from the wife to demote them)
Dexters - 10 & 16g

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,448 Posts
I was out today catching myself some good old sun-stroke and the odd schoolie and watching the Mullet perform their acrobatics. I got thinking (which I try to avoid) why have I got a bag full of lures with me
I was out for four and a half hours and used 2 lures, Abu Tormentor and a Ima Komomo II.
From now on I'm only going to take 6 lures with me at the most. For tomorrow I have sorted out my 6,
Abu Tormentor 90mm
Angel Kiss 115mm
Lucky Craft Sammy 115
Komomo II
Jackson Artoron 125
Maria Chase BW 125
My six will change from day to day depending on where I am fishing for now but my aim is to end up with six I will use where ever I fish.
I want to end up being able to carry everything I need in my pockets, fish grip, log nose pliers, lures, tobacco, lighter and spare lighter
So boys and girls what would be the six you would have if you could only use six and what tools could you not do without?

Great thread tern :clap:
I could go with one , maybe 2 , no problem , i carry more , because you never know day to day what bait could turn up ,
you would be a bit lost with sand eel type lures , if bass were on the mac

1. X RAP AYU 10

2. XRAP AYU 12

3 , x rap glass ghost , if colour in water 10 ,

4. as above 12

5 . ima sussake sand borer

6. mullet zonk .

PROB use 2 for whole 3/5 hrs

but carry more as i say , in case they are feeding on something i didnt expect

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
tern. when it comes to what you need to take with you, whether it be bait or lure fishing, i'm thwarted with indecision.
if i plan a trip a week or more before i go, i hurl all the kit i think i wont need, out of my box/bag . by this stage my gear is light and very tidy.
then the sickness sets in. what if this,-what if that, till by the time i'm putting the gear into the car, -- most of the stuff i ditched is back in my box/bag, and looking about as tidy as a tramps pocket.
i think i need help.:cc_surren

·
Registered
599 Posts
SW Xrap 10
Daiwa Saltiga Minnow
IMA Imagine 130
IMA Komono 125
Sebile Magic Swimmer 110 FSK
Megabass Zonk or IMA Komono II

Sorry, last moment hesitation. ;-)

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
I normally just take the Shimano Lure Bag with me so I've only got about 10 lures with me at any one time. In the side compartment I keep a small spool of fluorocarbon, pair of forceps, braid scissors, a couple of packs of egg clips, a couple of Dexters and a few white eddystone eels.

The 6 lures that never leave the bag for a session are:

1, OSP Rudra in Super Wakasagi
2, Duo Tide Minnow 145 in Ike Katakuchi
3, Feed Shallow in Mullet
4, Patchinko I in blue mullet
5, Lucky Craft Gunfish 115 in American Shad
6, Megabass Zonk in Akakin

plus 4-6 others depending on the venue, weather, baitfish, distance needed etc

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use a sakura koa chest pack and double sided lure boxes. This means I can travel light and take 20 lures. I will probably only use 5 but like to have options. But if I had to take 6:

1. IMA Sasuke about bait
2. IMA Komomo 125 sf magma candy/orange gold
3. Duo tide minnow 120 surf holo white
4. Patchinko
5. Z claw
6. Duo tide minnow sld s orange/gold

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Rapal Jointed 13 cm Blue & White, Silver & White. Chug Bug, Storm Sand Eel & Balrag, Bass Bullett and Eddystone Ells.
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy . i like it. a simple no frills choice, that does'nt sound like an often repeated roll call of pricey lures with exotic sounding names. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I need to learn self control, somehow I always end up with the shimano lure case and a bag with two more boxes of lures and softies. I always have to travel to the coast so never know what to take for the day because sometimes you just don't know what the conditions will be until you're there.

I just cant bear to leave stuff behind :(

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
I need to learn self control, somehow I always end up with the shimano lure case and a bag with two more boxes of lures and softies. I always have to travel to the coast so never know what to take for the day because sometimes you just don't know what the conditions will be until you're there.

I just cant bear to leave stuff behind :(
THATS IT -THATS IT.

whatever its called you and i have got it.:blink::blink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts