Registered
3,186 Posts
pretty sure its the new series

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
My money is on it being a repeat :(

But....
Jimmy Buchan, skipper of the trawler Amity II,started an internet blog so people could keep up with his crew's life at www.seafish.org

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
new series should be on the way as a guy was lost from a trawler last week and on the news it said the trawler had been filmed for trawlermen and its not been in any of the previous series

i really should know seen as i can see most of peterhead harbour from my window but i dont keep up to date with the goings on much anymore

15,082 Posts
According to Jimmy's blog it is a new series
http://www.seafish.org/sea/blog.asp?p=em529
Much as enjoy the series, when you are modding it is like being a fireman on Guy Fawkes night whenever a series like this is on:eek:hmy:.
Please try and keep any discussions friendly:hug:
Hopefully is about Pair Trawlers taking all the Bass.:yeah:

Sorry Terrence,couldn't resist!:icecream:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dear BBC,

Re: MFV 'Arcane' -

Could you please make it clear that 'massive debts' and 'illegal activities leading to massive fines' are quite different. One might feel a degree of sympathy for the former, but never the latter.

Thanks.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Dear BBC,

Could you please make it clear that 'massive debts' and 'illegal activities leading to massive fines' are quite different. One might feel a degree of sympathy for the former, but never the latter.

Thanks.
Spot On!!!:clap3:

G

·
Dear BBC,

Thanks.
Agreed:thumbs:. I lost all sympathy for that skipper as soon as it was said why he had the debts:nonono:.
I have great admiration for the guys that do it within the rules, it is not a job I would ever want to do.
£400k fine, wow, that will make him think twice about breaking the rules again:schmoll:

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
There's still a lot of money for some skippers to make from selling 'black' fish i.e. fish landed over an above their quota and sold thru the back door.

Personally I think the government should take the skippers licence and fish quota's away, better than any fine and then they can't do it again...

·
Registered
25,001 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts