World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys , Saw something i found strange other day the two trawlers that go up loch Fyne pulled into the first quarry to unload there catch into a sm van waiting for them . I would say about 20-30 boxes of fish i would have thought they would have to go to a harbour to do this, is it the norm ? :confused:

I Thought it was a bit shady

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could have been delivering for a local fishmonger as its the only suitable pier in the area. There were two trawlers in that area on Wednesday, may well have been the same boats. Not certain what they are fishing for but there were very few Mackerel about. Next time i am in Tarbert I will see what they are catching.

Al

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

get a note of the Reg no's and contact the fisheries dep. They are not allowed to land fish like that any more.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, thought so. It was on tuesday and it is the two usual boats that u see up there a sm blue one and a big old rusty black one im not going to be back up that way for the next few weeks keep ur eyes open if ur up there.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No didnt go right over but the boxes were heavy the used the crane on the boat to lift them off .

How was the Holiday ????

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Ahh the holiday was fine, although theres only so many little Roach and bream you can catch without getting bored. Dont think the sea fishing was up to much over there either. The fish market was full of pouting lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts