World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Trecco Bay area for the easter weekend. I have never been there or fished the area so any helpful tips on marks, tactics and what to expect are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
You have porthcawl pier and promenade wall for easy fishing for dogs,whiting and a chance of rays from the pier.
Newton point over low for dogs and a chance of codling.Newton beach and slipway for easy fishing but not a lot to be caught there TBH.
If you venture to the end of the pier be sure to take a gas mask.

Reactions: gorby

·
Registered
153 Posts
I find the far end of the promenade is ok tbh ... Ive had cod ..whitting.. pouting .. pollack ... bass nothing huge tho and of couse dogs ... take a walk over at low and you will see a slight channel carved into the sand ... that's always worth a cast into its just about the only feature I've seen in truth ... fishes best 2 hrs before H/T .. 2 after !!
... fish 2 or 3 hook flappers small baits .. or pulley penells. . Good luck !!

G

·
0 Posts
I am going to Trecco Bay area for the easter weekend. I have never been there or fished the area so any helpful tips on marks, tactics and what to expect are appreciated.

Thanks
Be nice to see answers on this,see what the bass fishing is like
as im working up that way in middle may,and never fished there!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
You have porthcawl pier and promenade wall for easy fishing for dogs,whiting and a chance of rays from the pier.
Newton point over low for dogs and a chance of codling.Newton beach and slipway for easy fishing but not a lot to be caught there TBH.
If you venture to the end of the pier be sure to take a gas mask.
And be aware the pier can have quite a heavy weed problem and it's not in the water :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts