World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing reports of 30- 40 basses caught in a session, we headed towards the serect mark, and blanked??? Conditions were not very kind as the mark in question needs a strong North westly winds and yesterday trip blew flat.Fishing with fresh rag at low didn't produce anything, 3 hours up also didn't produce a bite not even weeds as this rock/beach mark is well know for.On packing up and heading towards the car were met up with glyn whom was waiting for high water to fish the venue with fresh blow, hope he had better luck than us.With the blanked in our pockets we thought of a sure bagger and trefor peir was picked.After a trip to the chinese takeaway where chazzy was already there with our teas.We finish off the nose bag and headed towards the peir.Road works along the way delay the journey,we arrived in the dark just before high water, where we met up with two anglers from Oldham whom just started sea fishing, with doggies on the menu and a few whitlings caught all on fresh rag or lug tipped with mackerl.I then change pegs as the tide was about to edd and try one of the 'cox and rawle' sponsor rigs.http://www.seafishingsupplies.co.uk/The 'Bass rig' was picked and baited up with fresh blow and tipped with mack. casted out towards the end of the peir, waited ten minutes or so and notice the rod tip nod a little.Held the rod ready to strike, 5 second passed then i wind in stack line and felt the head of the big fish shaking, trying to get rid of this metal hook that had took hold in the corner of its mouth.With shouts of a big fish hooked.I loosen the drag on the reel and all hell broke as the fish was heading under the peir!!With max pressure given i guilded it to the surface and saw the big head of a nice bull huss.With the sponser rig only having 15lbs hook length, care and a good touch was needed, and one of the oldham lads helped in walking the 'dog' along the lenght of the peir.I must thank the lad for this and plug that he's a roofer and his company is called 'ABSOLUTE ROOFING' WITH OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE TELEPHONE 0161 284 2839. any way the fish was hand ball up and the estimate to be over 8lbs. Afterwards a few more doggies and whitlings follow by a small codling finish of the evening.Below is the fish picture taken in darkness.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts