World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Fished Trefor pier again last night with SteveA, Mammut, Rzaskar and his mate Crad, in search of a double figure huss. Rzaskar and Crad had landed a couple of doggies by the time we got there but no sign of any huss yet.

Steve and Mammut put big baits out straight away while I put one rod out baited with whole squid and dropped one straight down the side with small baits, in the hope of catching a small whiting to use as bait for the huss. The doggies were a lot quieter than last week but we thought this wasn't such a bad thing as it might give the huss more time to find our baits. I had a few bites on my scratching rod but couldn't hook them so I scaled down my hooks and managed to land a small pollack, I didn't know if it would be as good as whiting for the huss but it was worth a try, so out it went on a 6/0 pulley. After catching a few doggies on his big baits Steve decided to try and bag a whiting for bait himself, he didn't manage to get any but he did get a three bearded rockling.

The doggies were still around too.

The rest of the night saw a steady stream of fish landed but nothing spectacular, I had a couple more pollack and a tiny whiting on my scratching rod, a couple of touches on my pollack dead baits without a result and we all caught doggies, the only huss we saw was a small one that Mammut caught.

Don't know if it was fishing the ebb or the size of the tide that made such a difference from last week but it was a nice night, it was good to get out and do a bit and five species in a night wasn't bad going.

Tight lines,

Andy

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Nice one andy.... i was there the night b4 and a nice one was pulled out..... went again tonight to have a look,,, and met garethp.. had a chat with him then headed of to pwllheli,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts