World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my mate down from London and we have been fishing most days so far he has caught nothing.

Decided to fish locally today so I steamed round to Trefusis Point to see if there was anything going fished for three hours and nothing doing. So packed up and decided to go up to either Stack or Pendennis and try some spinning.

Got up there and it was a lovely evening and no-one else there. My mate had never caught anything spinning, he has mainly been into C*rp fishing before. I gave him and Toby to tie on and I set myself up with a Dexter.

On about the 4th cast I felt the lure being hit and then the resistance and diving of a fish. I had a small Pollack. Then it went a bit quieter then my mate caught one he was over the moon. I then caught two more. He then caught another and then he caught a very good size mackeral which he was even more pleased with as he is a head chef in a s****y london resturant and he wanted something he could eat. I then hoiked out another three with one wieghing in a about 2lbs.

A day of catching even if they were not spectacular but a shore sign of good thing to come I think we could have very good fishing season this year.

Would have stayed and fished longer and by now we had been joined by a few other people and I wanted to watch the football and I am glad that i did.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
what a days fishing you had nice one
and as for the footie what a game and thats coming from a gunner

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice report, I bet the chef was well chuffed. I take it you fished stack??

I tries pendennis last week, but no joy. Yet to land my first makky of the year.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nice report matey, it's been years since I fished stack.

Where do you park when you fish there? I used to know the people who lived in the house just before the point and they used to get really arsey with people parking inside the gate!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thats why you werent in then matey!! You were at stack whilst I went to pendennis!! Came round ur house to see if you wanted to join me! You didnt miss a lot there...the pollack arent there properly yet...one keeper and a few other smaller ones! I have landed a macky this year already...but it was in FEBRUARY whilst fishin shags rock at perranporth in a force nine and big waves, along with the bass and ray!! :blink: Moving house on friday (lugs is kindly helping with the heavy boxes!!), but by early next week I will be free for a fish again!! Maybe we could go out on boats and canoes! :boat:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts