World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was advised some good LRF marks around here so went to have a butchers. Mawgan Porth - tide in didn't look a goer from any accessible rocks so drove into Trenance - parked in a hotel car park and walked down what appears to have been Bedruthan Steps to an area with some scaffolding railings that didn't look to inviting either with a great lump of rock in the way. Walked up to the right on a hairy cliff path with no sign of any accessible marks that I could see..... Nobody else wetting a line anywhere near.

Looking at the wrong place again I guess.....?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you walked North of Trenance you would have made it to Bedruthan Steps, and no it's not a place for LRF, and can be very dangerous + easy to cut off if fishing from the beach.

I think there are a few rocks accesable to the point on the South West side of Trenance which my be good for LRF if my memory serves me correctly. Note..... I live in Penzance and have only fished up that way a few times so it would be worth checking my info with someone more local with knowledge of the area.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The headland at the end of Bed Steps is Park Head. The marks at the end would probably be great for LRF being deep and rough... but they're supposed to be hellish to access and downright suicidal in any kind of damp weather. I've been out there to look at them but have not been back to fish.
If I wanted to have a go at LRF, I would try a mark called "Rocket Pole" inside Newquay Headland. It's well sheltered, you can get down close to the water and it has lots of scuddy ground. It's the last mark you can get down on the main stretch before you come to the caves underneath the Atlantic Hotel - a big flat rock with plenty of areas to explore. The climb up and down is fine as the track is mostly sand.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Can vouch for the comments on Park Head. Fished it 12 years ago and never been back there. Very dangerous to onto and off and required several ropes. Also the rocks are like glass when they get wet.
The fishing there was exceptionally good for eels, huss etc but access put me off totally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good spot on left hand side of beach.Best way to access spot is to walk down beach and scramble over rocks depending on height of tide you may need to wade across one shallow gulley.Best to wear shorts or waders ,need to fish about one hour before low water and can stay for about one hour after low water as your way back up the beach will be flooded.you can access spot via coastal path but is a bit of a hairy climb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts