World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After a little bit of advice; heading to tresillian for a weeks holiday at the end of the month and will be packing the rods!

Have lrf, spinning , light and heavy beachcasters so can mix it up but a few pointers would be great as you can’t beat local knowledge!

Would love to catch a small eyed ray while I’m down there?

Will probably fish solo on evenings / over night as the missus won’t mind so much! So safe easy access places would be great but don’t mind a hike if required!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jamie!’

·
Registered
883 Posts
portholland is worth a try for small eyed. or try the fal river for thornies. portcatho rock marks should produce wrasse on soft plastics

·
Registered
580 Posts
Evening / Overnighter on the Fal at St Just. Park near Pasco's boat yard TR2 5JD then follow the coast path south for 500yds on foot. You'll find a gate on the right that leads down to the beach. Close all the gates as there may be livestock. Always fancied it there myself but only ever do it on the yak with fish baits, not beach so i'm in the deep water. Bass, dogs, Huss, Conger, TBR, Ting, Flounder, Scad, Macky are what I've had from the deeper water but you're average cast (west) will have you in 20-30 ft. Rocks either side of the beach so lures should produce. I have fished lures from this beach but not caught anything, Did have a bass follow but no take. I'm off to Jamaica so stick a report up of what you catch;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses!

Will hopefully give all these marks a go while I'm down! One week to go... best get tying some rigs!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
portholland is worth a try for small eyed. or try the fal river for thornies. portcatho rock marks should produce wrasse on soft plastics
Thanks for the info! Any specific areas around portholland for the rays? Had a quick look on google maps looks like there is a cove at each end of the village? And rocks out each side!

·
Registered
24,559 Posts
try off hemmick for rays/flats,2hrs b4 low water and 2hrs up to high, worm for flats,sandeel/mackeral strip for rays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts