World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out on my mates boat yesterday.. sea like a mill pond ...went out about 2 mile along the coast and half a mile out in 40 feet of water ....fishing with 3 hjook paternoster bites started straight away and never stoped

loads of doggies....3 nice sized bull huss....gurnad.....3 codling with the one about about 3lb.....8 bream with the biggest one in the piccie loads of maccies at the start for bait this was great fun fun after feathering for them i decided to have a bit of fun with my light spinning rod and dexter wedge...and dont they fight on light gear !!

and last but not least ..an octipus !!...with was a bit wiered ....oh some big pouting is that look like small cod ?

any way great days fishing was had ..and i can't believe the number of fish down there it must be absolutly full of them

this bream thought like billyo

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi derby4life,sounds like a great day fishing,hope u put back huss to fight a nother day .shaggy

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
You went towards Nefyn at a guess and fished just to the left of a sheer cliff where birds nest. Were there lobster pot markers all aroud you. If that is the spot I am thinking of next time you fish there when you catch a mack rig it as a live bait for tope. Some big ones on that mark.

Glad you had a good day. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChrisP said:
You went towards Nefyn at a guess and fished just to the left of a sheer cliff where birds nest. Were there lobster pot markers all aroud you. If that is the spot I am thinking of next time you fish there when you catch a mack rig it as a live bait for tope. Some big ones on that mark.

Glad you had a good day. :D
thats it mate bang on :) .....perhaps when we go again i might have a go for the tope ...

hoping to go again on sunday

do you know a better way to catch the bream without being pestered with all the doggies ?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
If you hang a bag of rubby dubby on the shackle that joins rope to chain on your anchor the doggies will be kept busy on that. The bits from the bag will attract the bream to you. Try float fishing for them with a sliding float. Set it about 6 foot off the bottom and you don't get too many doggies. The bream are a pelagic species so they will find your baits.

Good luck Sunday. Cracking mark. You could also try a peeler there for smuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts