World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried methil pier at the weekend but found the fishing very poor.has anybody been catching any cod there lately.you used to get some decent fishing there in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The sea wall has not been fishing well for some time. Just now mackies and coalies seem to be all thats being caught, mind you, most of the boys are feathering for them so any species that wont look at a feather are safe.

ZD

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Last Summer i fished at the Docks to pass a few hours, from the mid - end blocks , Sw winds , calm and clear seemed to be bet time for me.

landing usually very small codling, coalfish, the odd ballan wrasse , and as always when sea fishing a few surprises with a grey Gurnard , and corkwing wrasse making a surprise visit !

however i got a nice surprise last summer from the blocks , when a small coalfish took the baited rig, then as i went over to pick up the rod to land the small coalfish, my rod bent over ... a Codling took the live coalfish !
so luckily landed both .

first time thats happened.
( probably last too :) )

nothing with any size for me though , best only around 2 1/2 lb.

andy

·
Registered
71 Posts
me and a mate were at the docks last saturday and had a great time,we fished the small square dock,we started of getting very small coalies then they got bigger (about a pound max) with two codling thrown in just over a pound and one just under two, we also had a small pollock at just over a pound. we went back on sunday and tryed of the wall and got two wrasse and a pile of we coalies so we headed back to the square dock but our luck had ran out by then, but all in all we had a good couple of days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts