World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000F22'>Anyone out ther fished for and caught Trigger fish? I here that there are a few from Mumbles pier.
I&#39;d appreciate any info on tactics/bait etc.

thanks,</font>

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I recall a posting last year from a gentlemen who&#39;d caught one of the Pembroke coast. &nbsp;From the photograph he&#39;d sent through it looked to be one of the same species I&#39;d previously caught whilst messing around in the Azores.

They&#39;re agressive, but have relatively small mouths and fused teeth. &nbsp;So small baits and small hooks seem to be the order of the day. &nbsp;The down side is that they&#39;re quite capable of shearing through the wire of small freshwater hooks.

I&#39;ve also caught Oceanic Triggerfish off Belize in Central America where they&#39;d happily take Bonefish flies in very shallow water.

An interesting quarry. &nbsp;Good Luck&#33;
Dave West
Chairman - Sportfishing Club of the British Isles
www.scbi.org.uk</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi

fished out of swansea on saturday and sunday and caught trigger fish up to 4 lbs from a boat just of the light house.

use small hooks and crab bait works well</font>

J

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i fished oxwich wreck last saterday and between 4 of us we must have had 15 triggers . three of us were using running ledgers &nbsp;and i was using a bream rig &nbsp;with my self taking most of the fish
A small bit of worm tiped with a small strip of squid or small square of makrel worked best
&nbsp;good luck</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>There are triggers around the Ramsey Sound area of Pembrokeshire. No doubt they are also in other areas as well. I will be trying to catch some over the next few weeks.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts