World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trim guage never worked from new. McAleese Marine said they would sort it, but since I'll not probably be going back (service at £300 stg), it's likely that I'll have to do it myself. They reckoned it was something simple, like a disconnected wire on either the gauge or the sender. Checked the gauge end and it seems ok. But where is the sender at the engine end? No workshop manual available for the Merc 60 efi yet, although the Yamaha equivalent might do. Anybody any experience with either the Merc or Yamaha 60 efi's trim sender?

G

·
Why settle for doing jobs yourself!

If it didn't work from new and the dealer has a note of it then it is warranty and needs to be sorted out by the dealer / manufacturer.

A new sender is likely to be somewhere in the region of £70. Why should you pay?

Get either you local dealer to do it or any other one as they are all oblidged to cover it.
Tom

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a matter of a loose wire, I'd rather sort it myself in my front garden than trailer the boat up north. If there is any money involved, than yes, I will demand it be fixed be a dealer.

G

·
Again

Warranty

For all but a major structural issue on the boat (return to base) you should not be expected to do anything.
Your dealer is responsible for sorting the problem out and they should come to you or get a local contactor to come to you.
The most you should need to do is make the contractor a friendly cup of tea when they arrive and someties help the dealer find a reliable contractor in your area (word of mouth etc).

I have read on here a number of times that people have fixed issues themselves because they didn't want the hassle of taking the boat to XY and Z.
Don't stand for it!

If the fault is a warranty issue then they are responsonsible. The more of yuo that stand up for your rights the less [email protected] the dealer will try and get away with.
I don't get it right all the time, but I do try and sort a customers problem out for them and with as little hassle as possible to them. It is supposed to be part of the service.

Tom

G

·
Just taken this from the Brunswick Groups website and the specific section relating to Mercury outboards.
Each of the companies listed below are Irish dealers / service / warranty centres for Mercury outboards.

Brunswick Marine in EMEA Inc.

Dealer Network

Name Address Zip DealerSHEELIN BOATS IRELAND LTD

CO.CAVAN
MOUNTNUGENT, 5
(353)498540101 - see details JOHN MCALEESE MARINE

CO ARMAGH N.I.
11 Terryhoogan RoadSCARVA
00/02838/831617 BT636NF see details MOTOR MARINE

CO DONEGAL
THE PIER - BURTONPORT
00353/7522466 - see details K.DUFFY & SONS ltd

CO GALWAY
Headford
003539335449 - see details SPINNAKER MARINE LTD

DUN LAOGHAIRE DUBLIN
TAS VIKING MARINEThe pavillon
00353/12806654 - see details O.B.MARINE

FINGLAS DUBLIN IRELAND
JAMESTOWN BUSINESS PARKJAMESTOWN ROAD
0035318341855 - see details H&V PILSWORTH

KILLINEY CO DUBLIN
The Marine Engineering Company4 Killiney Hill Road
(353)1282 2053 - see details O'MALLEY AUTOMARINE

SIX MILE BRIDGE COUNTY CLARE
CAPPA
00353/61369342 - see details

·
Registered
41 Posts
dont hold your breath on mcaleese marine fixing it, unless you know a good solicitor. i had a similar problem and had to take legal action to get my faults fixed. i would never deal with them again.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is any authorised Merc dealer obligated to fix things under warranty or just the seller?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts