World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left work and went straight down the beach. Started at 1700hrs which was as near as damn it, high tide.

I spent three and a half hours using consummate ineptitude, lashings of useless, and as much bad luck as I could muster, catching whiting. I haven't been much this winter, so I can only assume the fishing gods think I'm a few thousand down on my fair share...

Anyway, I'm not going to post on anybody else's behalf, because that's their business, but I saw, in the distance, and then on a pic, the biggest fish I've seen from a Norfolk beach.

I carried on catching whiting.

Then all of a sudden I had a hound, estimated 6-7lb, another one a bit smaller, a bass 3-3.5lb, and a doggy. That was it.

On a sad note, I thought my biggest hound had gone back and swum off. I didn't weigh it because I wanted to get it back asap. Later, it was laying on the beach. There were signs of life so I put it back. It washed up gain. Out of interest I weighed it. 7lb 13oz.

I put it back again. I don't think it will survive, but it's got more chance than if I'd knocked it on the head I suppose...

Just a shame, and put a dampener on an otherwise nice evening.

Oh,,and very little weed...

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Nice fish, it's a shame when you want them to go back and it doesn't happen, it doesn't mean they all die of cause. Good spikey also.

Reactions: kagger

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
We owe you a debt of gratitude for helping with the ting reduction programme. To this aim could you switch to 4 hook rigs in the future please.

Kidding aside seems like after a lay off you're back and catching.

That amount of fish in three an a bits hours would have been a busy session.

Well done and thanks for reporting.

·
Registered
695 Posts
cheers kagger for update least u had a spikey an hound shame it died silly buggers beach again when u not looking .. does not look good for me today then wot with the rain to :eek::eek: ??? I have been getting hounds on large lug baits normally u don't get the hounds on lug ?? well that's my understanding all I have been getting is baby bass [ plus horid ytings ] good to here there is not much weed . allways take interest in your reports [ big fish er landed hmmmm ] ok thanks again :D;):) JEZZA

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't take any worm at all Jezza, just crab. I have caught hounds on rag tho', even when I've been using crab on the other rod.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Great report Kagger, nice one on getting a few!

You've got me with that biggest fish from a Norfolk beach bit. Huge hound?
Is it likely to get reported?
C'mon spill the beans...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's since been reported on FB. It was a 16lb hound.

I know bigger ones have been caught, even bigger codling going back a while, but I havent seen a bigger fish from Norfolk.

To a bloke catching only whiting (that'll be me then lol) it looked like a seal pup lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.