World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The Mrs wants to go to the South West for a week break at the beginning of September, specifically around the Penzance area. Both the Mrs and my son love to fish so a good excuse for a few days fishing :clap: Could you recommend any areas in the South West, (probably shore fishing) where is a good place to stay with local attractions but also offers some good shore fishing, my son is 9. I don't mind where in the South West we go, I would imagine we would fish for 2-3 days and have 2-3 days, shops, zoo's attractions, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi All,

The Mrs wants to go to the South West for a week break at the beginning of September, specifically around the Penzance area. Both the Mrs and my son love to fish so a good excuse for a few days fishing :clap: Could you recommend any areas in the South West, (probably shore fishing) where is a good place to stay with local attractions but also offers some good shore fishing, my son is 9. I don't mind where in the South West we go, I would imagine we would fish for 2-3 days and have 2-3 days, shops, zoo's attractions, etc.

Thanks
PZ area is great for fishing at that time of year, not so good for attractions though. If you are after shops, attractions and fishing you are better off further up North i.e. Newquay area.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vaughan, I took your advice and booked a week in Newquay, seems like alot to do in the area, now just got to find a couple of good marks. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Vaughan, I took your advice and booked a week in Newquay, seems like alot to do in the area, now just got to find a couple of good marks. :unsure:
Probably a wise choice if you want to keep the Mrs happy as well - leaving you plenty of fishing time. You are spoilt for choice as far as marks go. Newquay headland can be good for lots of species on the float or bottom fishing but can get busy at times. Plenty of beaches and all of them should be showing plenty of bass and SE Ray at that time of year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, I'm looking forward to it, so has anyone got some marks I can try, what fish will be there so I know what gear to take?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts