World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed my reel is unbalanced on my tripod and keeps on swinging round after I have set rod in tide, I have a single basic tripod, can I use strapping or a bungee to secure it, does everyone get his problem?

I thought my reel, abu 7000 might be the problem but its not that much heavier than the penns, diawas etc

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you are setting the rod with the reel on top you will always have this happen as the reel is making the angled rod top heavy and the reel is swinging around to the lowest point that it can.

The only way to avoid it is to set the rod with the reel on the bottom as this is where it is going to try to end up.

P

·
0 Posts
use a gimbal on the rod butt then put a pin through the bottom of the cup (a bit like the big game fishing butt pads )

·
Registered
199 Posts
blue: the gibmal thingy would be a piece of plastic/alu etc that has a slot cut in it at the end, u attach this to the butt of the rod. now on the cup of the rod rest you drill 2 holes opposite each other and then put a piece of metal/plastic rod thru it, the slot and rod engage and then hold your rod the right way up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts