World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just a quick question. When i fish on a beach i have my rods & tripod facing the water. Whenever i see some pictures of a match they all have thier rods & tripods side on, what is the benifit???

·
Registered
829 Posts
it works like a quiver tip when course fishing or the wind is coming from the side moving your rods to the side makes it easier to spot bites hope this helps :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think its a natural instinct to face the rod/rods downwind [with the wind at your back rather than in your face]. There will also be a bow in the line created by the wind which will tighten the line up to the lead even though its bowed. So bite registration will be more direct.
Personally i think the fish hook them selves against the resistance of the grip lead and i face down wind for comfort. If you set up a beach shelter you would have it set with the back to the wind.

:fish::fish::fishing:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've got absolutely no idea of the benefits of having your rods side on.

Personally I always have mine pointing at the sea, which means having the two front legs of the tripod taking the strain of tide/wind/weed etc, thus increasing stability.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Having them sideways is not a good idea if a big fish like a Bass or Hound runs with your bait,the lot will go over

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I very rarely fish with more than one rod . So i have my rod pointing where its most comfortable for me. I find fishing with two rods is far too busy for me .. always changing baits and reeling in and making up more pre-baited traces for the trace bar. I go to relax ... two rods is too much like juggling plates as far as i'm concerned . Don't want to come home knackered. If the fish are there , then one rod keeps me busy enough . Also i wouldn't want an expensive rod dragged off the stand and down the beach while i'm reeling the other one in .

:fish::fish::fishing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.