World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,being a relative newcomer to beach fishing,some info please.

When using either a tripod or a spike which is the best way to postion them,facing the sea or at an angle ?
Any help greatly appreciated
Dave H

Confuscious,he say
" Man who fishes in other mans pond,catches other mans crabs
:fish:

·
Registered
21,126 Posts
Hi guys,being a relative newcomer to beach fishing,some info please.

When using either a tripod or a spike which is the best way to postion them,facing the sea or at an angle ?
Any help greatly appreciated
Dave H

Confuscious,he say
" Man who fishes in other mans pond,catches other mans crabs
:fish:
:sun:purely down to personal choice. If you have them pointing out to sea then you have to sit or stand to the side to see your rod tip/s. If you have them pointing along the beach then you can sit or stand behind them. I may be something to do with wind direction if it's strong because the wind is more likely to blow a rest over if it's broadside on. That's my two pennyworth for what it's worth, someone else may say different.:sun:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
When facing south and the tide is running east to west I cast uptide and set the tripod and rod tips to the south east,when the tide turns I move things round to face south west.This way bites are easier to spot.

·
Registered
865 Posts
down to what sutis you taking into account the wind.....heavy wind as low as poss i go for dropping the rod down a bit as well the butt on the beach

·
Registered
530 Posts
Down to a mix of personal choice and conditions i would say.
As has been said before, if you want to set them in the direction you have cast then you have to sit beside them to watch for a downward bite. If you set them at say 90 degrees to your cast then sit behind them to watch for a sideways pull.
High or low in the rest and straight in line with the cast or side set to the cast i think is best set by strong winds or tides (to stop rods being pulled off the rest, or the rest being pulled over)

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys,hope to put it to good use when I'm on my hols

Tight Lines

DaveH

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interceptor,where's that picture of that lovely reel of yours ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts