World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rocks .
the only mark worth a bash is the old slip and its 50/50 there, comming in theres a ledge or something but i hit it every bloody time
i,d say the only way to fish is by floating a bait amonsgt the seals, marks out of ten 1 for having water
was there at 5am left at 7am not even a bite lost 4 leads and two complete rigs
had to re spool as most of my line was shredded
3rd time there and the last

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aye well "sighs"
might try a sbs assualt on the pier itself next time ,anybody know were i can get a ninja suit and night vision goggles lol

tell you what though ,i did notice a wee spot across fae pebbles just off the car park there
from the look of it it might just be possible to get a cast into the north bay
anybody tried it there
or the south shore at the end of the rocks
somebody tell me theres a spot to fish fae in troon ,hell somebody tell me its worth trying lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
have a walk around that section of shore at low tide, between the breakers wall and the sewage pipe, theres plenty of flattie marks, although the last time I fished there it was doggies and a couple of dabs - but that was fishing into darkness.

If you can tell me how to upload from my mobile i'll post a clip I took of a bit of beach that was covered in marks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
never known of a ledge 50yrds out??? Where u fishing at the slipway.

Tbh you shouldnt even be casting 50yrd as its deeper closer in. I always use lighter leads such as a 3.5oz if i can get away with it with the wind, as you can just pull free easier. Another spot is paddies island to the left of the old slipway, you can only get to it at lowish water because it gets cut off with the tide.

If your gonna try barassie beach like rsm says fish along the side of the ferry terminal close in as its always full of flatty marks. Used to fish there regular when it was the old breakers yard for dabs. Or like you say to the irvine side of the rocks as theres a pipe that goes out. I would like to fish the middle of barassie beach but theres no chance of that ever happening cause of the windsurfers. Either that or try the pow burn where it enters the sea. Pass the marine hotel and follow the road right into the golf course and park where it ends, cross the golf course minding to give the golfers big respect as they complain and your out of there and any1 else that would follow, so dont **** em off they pay mega bucks to play the course and it is a private road. Go fish in the sea :) travel light as the tide comes in quick and u need to climb the sand dune to get down and up, thigh waders at a minimum as some of the gullies when the tide comes in get real deep.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Haven't fished the Pow in a long time, but had a look at it last year, full of very small flatties 1-2" long, can't be a bad sign seems to be healthy.

Always used to love S-- A-----, Ballast Bank, long casting will see... I've always caught more within 50 yards, most probably only half of that, if that far out, not all big though, lots of small wrasse during the summer - some very small.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
troon ballast bank is very fishable... anglers dont need concrete to stand on now do we! Rock anglers feel the seabed after a cast or two and there are various little techniques to cut down losses and catch more fish. Keep a close hold of the spool when the lead hits the water to decide exactly how deep it is, give a tiny tug once the lead settles to feel the seabed composition, keep a little slack line after he lead has settled to stop it rolling around so much,etc etc etc, but to be honest it wont catch much more at ballast bank, where you are best off fishing close for wrasse for fun.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tried closer in same snags ,i wonder if anyone fishing in close and straight out were actually sitting on the remains of the slip or sandbed at the end of the workings
i was out about 80yds and my mainline seemed to support what i suspected about a trench as it was the first section that was shredded like it had been sitting in a gulley and it felt like i was pulling over it coming in
the rest of the place from the toilets end ballast bank to pier was just ridiculous
for beachcasting how can peeps recomend this area its better suited to free lining a bait or float fishing and with hardly any fish its best left alone or used for a summers evening imho
best results i got were using flapper rigs and bendy aberdeens ,but this reduced the species i could target and given the time of year made fishing dire
to say the least
i couldnt right off troon completely though without giving the other areas mentioned a go (sound ok cheers guys ) but as far as the north beach- pier end goes stay at home
is the only advice id give

UPLOAD PICS
connect phone to pc via usb ( bluetooth , or email pics if none)
click start,my comp,disc e
select dcm or images ,open
click start,my pics, open file
drag n drop from phone file to pc file
create an image shack account free here- http://imageshack.us/
click upload ,browse find pic click ok
post link from either the selection or url in ie
your done good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
tried to upload clip but that site doesn't allow it, i'll need to see if i can find another way.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if its video try youtube ,basically same method mate just takes a few secs longer cause its a bigger file than a pic
this will cope with stills and video -http://photobucket.com/register.php?link=topmenu
cheers anyway:cool:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, never seen marks like that , well theres proof of fish right enough and no rocks lol
thanks ,might give that spot a try soon

·
Registered
55 Posts
let us know how you get on, or let me know when you are planning on fishing it and I'll try to get down as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts