World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

WSF Primary Administrator.
Must say I have personally seen and witnessed this going on, down on Chesil in various areas.
I couldnt believe what was going on and the debris including dozens old used nappies and even a tent and several blow up mattresses.
Just left on the beach by a large group that had been there for a few days.
I didn't see them go, but saw who they were as I walked the beach.

They were definitely not from UK.

Shame on me that I didn't report it.

I have however reported other incidents regarding netting etc and nothing ever came of it.

Nobody seemed bothered.

Registered
Must say I have personally seen and witnessed this going on, down on Chesil in various areas.
I couldnt believe what was going on and the debris including dozens old used nappies and even a tent and several blow up mattresses.

I have however reported other incidents regarding netting etc and nothing ever came of it.

Nobody seemed bothered.
Yes Nick my post on this is what i have witnessed with my very own eyes on venues such as Dover Admiralty pier/Dungeness and Denge marsh over the last 15 years or so.

Premium Member
Where are they sold?
Well before the Bass size limit went up, there was always a market for fish in restaurants, plate size Bass, so now I guess farm size Bass will do, I seen, without offending anyone, certain groups were fishing for commercial gains, no license needed and no size limits that matter of size of fish as long as certain people buy the fish.

Premium Member

Nobody seemed bothered.
Like I say Nick, the powers to be, really need to start doing something about it. No more excuses.

Premium Member
Same here Nick, fed up with it, people coming out with the same excuses, who going to police it, don鈥檛 want to join the AT, don鈥檛 want to buy a rod license, just moan and point fingers, and have a go at anyone who speak up about it, it has gone far on too long someone in power, or someone who knows someone in the government, local council, needs to start sorting this problem out, long before the anti fishing start pointing fingers at the good anglers, and start getting fishing banned for good.

Registered
The locals should form a posse and go down and confront these degenerates. Let the police and press know in advance, and I'm sure action would be taken. If nothing else it would let the culprits know the community's deep displeasure about what they are doing.

Premium Member
I鈥檓 happy to speak out. We had a group of Asians who were netting around the harbour here for mullet. They were reported fortunately dealt with. and two local Asian restaurants closed shortly after. I鈥檓 all for fish are food and I actually like seeing fish taken and eaten and kudos to many of our migrant community who fully embrace the Hunter gatherer mentality鈥︹he shame is when it becomes commercial and that needs stamping on regardless who is doing it.

Registered
If people know who it is and where they are selling it then why aren鈥檛 they reporting it. I don鈥檛 give a monkeys where they come from get it reported 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔

If they don鈥檛 however and are just guessing then grow a pair and say it rather than all this veiled speech 馃憥
Well said.

Premium Member

Nobody seemed bothered.
It is a massive issue in that the authorities are very slow on following up on fisheries reports. I know it puts a lot of people off reporting issues which is sad.

Global Moderator
So within two replies on this thread I have been called Lazy and a Fool. I am not guessing here...This is what i have actually seen..Numerous times.
And you鈥檝e never seen British people drop litter?

It happens at every venue up and down the country, to assume none of it is left by British fisherman is lazy/racist/innacurate/stupid.

Registered
Yes Nick my post on this is what i have witnessed with my very own eyes on venues such as Dover Admiralty pier/Dungeness and Denge marsh over the last 15 years or so.
So within two replies on this thread I have been called Lazy and a Fool. I am not guessing here...This is what i have actually seen..Numerous times.
Yep, I called you a fool and gave the reason. You made an out racist comment. Stating that it was non British making the mess in this Country. It appears supported by an administrator who should hang his head in shame. As I said we have our own British scum. Example 1. 70 tonnes of rubbish removed from my local beach this weekend. The vast majority on the beach being British. Example 2. One month ago about 15 white people with no overseas accents setting up tents etc in the bottom car park at Cogden surrounded in rubbish and pulling up bushes etc for the fire camping for the night. Let's balance things up and man up. Having spent many years abroad in many countries I am confident in stating that the British are some of the most untidy and uncaring regarding there surroundings. A fool is foolish to blame a mess on overseas people.

Registered
:(The truth of the matter is that it's too much of a problem for local councils as it costs them time and money. Trespass is a civil problem so the police aren't interested. Selling fish is a Defra problem and they just don't want to get off of their shiny seats to tackle a bunch of thugs who have nothing to lose, except their fish. Far easier to ban fishing and put up barbed wire fences. Job done, problem solved. :(

Premium Member

It happens at every venue up and down the country, to assume none of it is left by British fisherman is lazy/racist/innacurate/stupid.
Yes they do Ben and shame on them. However just because we know that happens it doesn鈥檛 mean we should ignore what we also know happens. I鈥檝e known lazy fishermen but typically they are individuals, however and I have witnessed it myself a number of foreign nationals aren鈥檛 they fish in groups and at times they fish commercially which is what I suspect we are seeing here.

Registered

Twist and turn as much as you like. Who said none of the litter was left by (British) fishermen?. Now I have been called Lazy/Racist/Inaccurate/ AND stupid. I can only speak as i find.

Registered
The locals should form a posse and go down and confront these degenerates. Let the police and press know in advance, and I'm sure action would be taken. If nothing else it would let the culprits know the community's deep displeasure about what they are doing.
:(I know of a certain lake that had Europeans catching carp and selling them for food, police came, explained the law, NFA as they weren't British and didn't understand our laws. A few weeks later it started again, all their tyres were slashed and the vehicles were set on fire, they never came back and the police couldn't find who did it, not that I think they tried too hard as information was not forthcoming. :(

Registered
;)The ;police would probably arrest the locals if they ran true to form. :(

WSF Primary Administrator.
It appears supported by an administrator who should hang his head in shame.
That is a very silly comment mate.

I said what I saw and what I said is 100% true and I stand by what I said.

Should people be afraid of speaking the truth when they see what is going on?

You have turned this into an issue of race.

There are litter droppers from all nationalities British and non British, the ones that I saw and have actually seen previously have mostly been non British.
They are the facts of what I have previously seen and nobody is going to stop me from saying that.
I have also seen plenty of British people using illigal Gill nets and taking undersized fish.

Registered
I鈥檓 happy to speak out. We had a group of Asians who were netting around the harbour here for mullet. They were reported fortunately dealt with. and two local Asian restaurants closed shortly after. I鈥檓 all for fish are food and I actually like seeing fish taken and eaten and kudos to many of our migrant community who fully embrace the Hunter gatherer mentality鈥︹he shame is when it becomes commercial and that needs stamping on regardless who is doing it.
:(The one in Poole is still open. :(

Premium Member
;)The ;police would probably arrest the locals if they ran true to form. :(
Why would they do that Norm especially when you know it isn鈥檛 true鈥.This is the trouble, now you are making it a race issue with daft comments like that 馃憥

21 - 40 of 70 Posts