World Sea Fishing Forums banner

True anglers or fluff chuckers ?

6K views 70 replies 25 participants last post by  Kickmuck 
#1 ·
This is just beyond a joke ant will tar everybody with the same brush no doubt.
More Ammo for the Antis .

Dave

#7 ·
:(You are right, it's not locals as they appreciate what they have. It's families and gangs having a holiday paid for with the fish they sell. Wardens are pointless as they don't want a beating which is what they'll get if you try to remove them and deny them "their human rights". You need police to enforce the law and SAS to protect the police as without both you'll fail. :(

#11 ·
Dont believe all you read!😏and the rubbish picture is "rubbish" from anglers picnickers tourists locals etc...the bins are always overflowing! besides a few fishing Hope's nose,its a tourity picnicking area!🙄 we try and get down there for a week with the children grandchildren every august! I/we take some mackeral for the barbecue and never see huge gangs of anglers taking everything they catch! This 'fishing gangs' story is a blown up story!🙄🤣

#12 ·
Staycations the scum that usually go annoying the spanish have stayed home.

#14 ·
Commercial fisherman ain’t they, selling fish setting up camps, is this the same lot that fish at Chesil Beach, but obviously have moved on as there is no mackerel to catch or sell. Apart from that go to any sandy tourist beach, and the amount of rubbish left on the beach after they have left, and is spotlessly cleaned paid for by you, for the next day of tourist and trash.

#20 ·
Just to add that the French, when they tried to introduce a sea fishing rod license, that no one brought, they brought in a law that any fish caught from the shore had to be marked in such a way, that it could not be sold commercially, if you get caught leaving a beach with an unmarked fish or tried to sell a fish for commercial gains, they will fine you. As for litter louts fine them as well. Sick of tired of the excuses, who going to police it, it’s about time someone in the powers to be, started doing something about it.

#21 ·
Must say I have personally seen and witnessed this going on, down on Chesil in various areas.
I couldnt believe what was going on and the debris including dozens old used nappies and even a tent and several blow up mattresses.
Just left on the beach by a large group that had been there for a few days.
I didn't see them go, but saw who they were as I walked the beach.

They were definitely not from UK.

Shame on me that I didn't report it.

I have however reported other incidents regarding netting etc and nothing ever came of it.

Nobody seemed bothered.

#26 ·
Same here Nick, fed up with it, people coming out with the same excuses, who going to police it, don’t want to join the AT, don’t want to buy a rod license, just moan and point fingers, and have a go at anyone who speak up about it, it has gone far on too long someone in power, or someone who knows someone in the government, local council, needs to start sorting this problem out, long before the anti fishing start pointing fingers at the good anglers, and start getting fishing banned for good.

#27 ·
The locals should form a posse and go down and confront these degenerates. Let the police and press know in advance, and I'm sure action would be taken. If nothing else it would let the culprits know the community's deep displeasure about what they are doing.

#36 ·
:(I know of a certain lake that had Europeans catching carp and selling them for food, police came, explained the law, NFA as they weren't British and didn't understand our laws. A few weeks later it started again, all their tyres were slashed and the vehicles were set on fire, they never came back and the police couldn't find who did it, not that I think they tried too hard as information was not forthcoming. :(

#28 ·
I’m happy to speak out. We had a group of Asians who were netting around the harbour here for mullet. They were reported fortunately dealt with. and two local Asian restaurants closed shortly after. I’m all for fish are food and I actually like seeing fish taken and eaten and kudos to many of our migrant community who fully embrace the Hunter gatherer mentality……The shame is when it becomes commercial and that needs stamping on regardless who is doing it.

#48 ·
" The locals should form a posse and go down and confront these degenerates. Let the police and press know in advance, and I'm sure action would be taken. If nothing else it would let the culprits know the community's deep displeasure about what they are doing"

fish Sorel or St Caths after the mackerel have been through and its a disgusting mess. It is a fact over here the majority of the mess is left by people who are fishing for food or to sell to someone they know, rather than the apparent issue in the UK of selling to catering outlets.
At St Caths I have remonstrated and while it has never ended in threats of violence , the give away "foreign language" rant is explanatory from "some" Others, whether through realisation or shame have picked their crap up. Biggest issues are hooks that are either snapped /cut off and left on the walkways where kids and dogs are about.
The litter issue is Angling's biggest concern from my experience as its noticed by everyone, not just those who view angling negatively

#54 ·
Well done for trying Graham. I rarely fish these spots as it pisses me off, and I don't like crowds. The trouble is that some people don't have a history here and therefore are not invested in the environment the same way a local might be. I do try St. Caths for mackerel, and constantly have to pick up mono and feather packets. Definitely takes the shine off the fishing a bit.

#49 ·
Hopes Nose has been notorious for foreign gangs fishing it intensively for years now.
I used to go there a bit for a change but no chance these days, plenty of mackie closer to home.

Meanwhile at Chesil you have predominantly Asian groups camping there for days on end.
Now, I know they tend to have extended families so if all the fish gets parcelled out and used I have no issue.
But it also smacks of a commercial operation as last Friday they were being dropped off by minibuses in the car park.
Quite how that many mackerel can be properly kept and worth anything with days of camping, I have no idea. Unless the same minibuses pick it all up the next day.

Ironically the mackerel were pretty scarce last week so I rather doubt they caught much.

#53 ·
If you report alleged illegal netting by unlicensed boats just say your sure you saw them catching salmon or sea trout, you might get them investigating then.

#55 ·
The local authority could easily create a by-law that limits shore caught mackerel catches to 20 fish per angler per day and enforce it with heavy fines.
20 is plenty for locals to catch bait or have a family BBQ but not really enough to entice commercial gangs.

#57 ·
Whoever it is will undoubtedly find a way around the stated rules.

Don't they always...

Reactions: Mr Fish
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.