World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there`s access to fish on or near the end of the headland?
http://binged.it/1TI5T2L
http://binged.it/1R3KrhX
I`ve fished Porth Felen,but fancy a go at the headland...ideally on the corner to give you the option of fishing in/out of the main flow,but i don`t mind anywhere along that front area....from what i can recall,the cliffs were pretty sheer for most of the way,looking from my spot in Porth Felen.

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Does anyone know if there`s access to fish on or near the end of the headland?
Follow the road through Umchmyndd , several parking areas along the track to end, park up and start walking.

Have a look at my post St Mary's Well and vid, It's the V bit at the end. All the headland is accessible but some of marks are very hard to access. Also you need the right weather and sea conditions or you can become a statistic.

Reactions: Yozzer

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I`ve fished various marks in the area,but never at that headland...the St Marys Well side of Trwyn Gwyddel looks like you can get down,on Google ,but looks can be deceptive

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
There is a fair number of spots it's a chase of having a look , and if your comfortable on it's access, the big inlet to the east of St Marys you can get down around mid way.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's not a spot for the feint hearted. No problem with access over the top from the road, but the final rock formation is deeply faulted (in places you need to climb down into the fault & up the other side) & in places the cliff falls away steeply to the sea. As Penn says, people do find ledges to perch on & fish from.
The mark to the west of St Mary's Well is easier to access & has a bit more room to fish from. GR SH 13815 25122 Some of the rocks are even flat.
http://gridreferencefinder.com/?gr=SH1381525122|Point_s_B|0&t=Point B&v=h

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you park at Porth Meudwy carpark and walk down to the cove take the right hand steps and go along the coastal path you can get right to the end of the mouth of Aberdaron bay.There is some really good ledges there with with easy access and some that require a bit of climbing. I boat fish around there during the summer months and i have seen guys Tope fishing there. First hand experience there are lots species to be caught there.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Have fished there once, out on the tip and facing across the mouth of Porth Felen. It's OK but there are far easier marks to reach for the same species. My advice is to visit without fishing gear on a nice day and recce the area. There are ways down here and there but everyone's climbing standard is different and one man's easy scramble is another's graded rock-climb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.