World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having broken the only descent plugging stick i had left,.I decided Wednesday
. two weak ago to see what if any my local tackle shop had avail. I wanted something longer than 7'' as i needed it for rock hopping.
my carp rod now a yak rod also got bust some time back now 'wind and car door.'
Any way found two lovely rods ,quality blanks ,strong back and fast taper to the tip.Don't care for name brands at all.'so don't even ask' .The fittings are of a very good quality,one at 8''the other 9''.
He also had one of those small Shimano jobbys .They are lovely little reels but at 60 plus i think over priced.
Any way ,mister tallied the rods up,So I THOUGHT.got some Berkly braid and a couple o plugs off the shelf (he knows what i would by),I was trying my hand at darts by then.
£145,00 he shouted .,What!,for a bloody F/rod ,,i replied.,No stupid the lot.,was his reply.
Confused i left the darts and looked at what was the lot.
It was the lot the whole lot.2 rods .the reel,the braid[£35.on his shelf.] plus plugs valued at £29.
Looking at my baffled face ,he simply said thanks for supporting me..:notworthy

Yesterday.i went for along walk at low tide,rock hopping (these fan dangled yuppies call it coast tearing) And tride out the new rods and smart little reel loaded with white braid.
I did not expect to catch any thing,but had a good go at seeing how some of the new lures worked at different methods .
And its amazing what the one foot diff .in the two rods can do to the action in the same lure.
Any way lesson over, next time out will be for that elusive 80cm scaly fellah ,or lady.:thumbs:
I did get an unexpected 12' Pollock.:g:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks Rob
I know we joke about carp rods .but in the right conditions they are hard to beat for plugging.
lures good ones unfortunately is hard to get from tackle shops. its carrying that stock i suppose.and most shop owners, don't know much about hard lure fishing.i give some advice to my local,some of which i find on here.:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hennie what plugs andy got, not been down for a longtime was very regular until gydinia way works improoving the lives of plymouthians yeah right.
been trying to educate him lol.he has a batch off liquorice allsorts imo.
i think he got it from a bust comp.
im no good at names really,so is best to go and have a look see.
he is looking to get into the game in a big way,ur input will be off great help to him, im to blasé to be of much help to any one lol :thumbs:
when are we going fishing then.:happy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts