World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody able to give a user based comparison of these two rods please ?

Will be used for clean/light mixed ground, chucking mainly 5 oz, occasionaly 4 or 6 oz, with 3 baits.

The rod mustn't be too "floppy", I much prefer a stiffish tip, and it must stand well in the wind.

Thanks chaps.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi ,

can't comment the TT match , but the TF 50/50 is a very nice , bit underrated rod (...because cheaper than most Zziplex?). To be honest , i never used mine with 4oz , always 5oz or 6oz + baits ... it also felt ok the times i needed 7oz . It has a more through action with a full carbon stiffish tip (stiffer than my other match rods) though it shows bites very well ... very lightweight , slim (22/23mm butt) and absolutely not "floppy" at all !
Not a rough ground rod , but a very good clean to mixed ground one (i also use mine for rock fishing)

Cheers , Gert

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi ,

can't comment the TT match , but the TF 50/50 is a very nice , bit underrated rod (...because cheaper than most Zziplex?). To be honest , i never used mine with 4oz , always 5oz or 6oz + baits ... it also felt ok the times i needed 7oz . It has a more through action with a full carbon stiffish tip (stiffer than my other match rods) though it shows bite very well ... very lightweight , slim (22/23mm butt) and absolutely not "floppy" at all !
Not a rough ground rod , but a very good clean to mixed ground one (i also use mine for rock fishing)

Cheers , Gert
TT Match more powerful than the tf 50 /50 similar action but can punch out 6 oz and bait all day long

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Haven't used the tf gear but can vouch for the tip tornado range, great rods. Match and supermatch great fishing rods.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The TF is head n shoulders above the ttm. Brilliant mixed ground rod,if you are an average caster the tf is a much better choice as it's far smoother than the snappy TT that's goes from nice tip to nasty rigid mid section in the blink of an eye. Yes I've owned both rods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts