World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded up the car just after 12pm and headed out to the other beach along from Scotstown today for a few casts. Weather was bright and sunny, wind from the South and low swell forcast, but rain was on the cards too.......

Set up at a convenient mark, and tackled up with a double dropper with some nice big mackie strips. First cast and after what, could only of been, 20 seconds, my rod gave a few decent thumps. I picked it up and took up the slack, and got two more really decent tugs... confident that whatever it was, was hooked, I gave it a sharp set before retrieve, and felt the weight...then disaster, a clump of kelp, that what I can only describe as a small tree, got picked up. Put some pressure on it and my braid came off at the swivel... :sad:

After popping another rig on, I cast back to the same spot and again, after only a few seconds, my rod was jumping....this time I got it home...my first Turbot of the year...about 1 1/2 lbs... :fishing:

Rebaited and back in....same again... this time a double hook up of Flounder....the day went like this for the next hour with almost a fish a cast, but as high tide neared the bites slowed.

I fished on till the back of 3pm with only one small flounder.... and called it a day when the rain started.

Only a few hours but worth the effort.. Cheers!

·
Registered
278 Posts
nice fish.will have to get myself out there to get my first turbot.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
thats a cracking turbo mate,well done.
cheers rab

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nicely done. You must be chuffed with that lovely turbot.

Sod's Law - the one time I can't make it and the turbot turn up :cc_surren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.