World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin phone me Tuesday night asking if i fancy a wee sech in Scotstown...duhh i'm in... that doesn't take long to decide.
Arrived at the graveyard and decided to leave the car by the gate,and walk the long way to the beach,when i arrived i was shocked to say the least,the dunes gave way to WW2 bunkers,3 of them,i am sure Gus will know it but i never recall in seeing them before.
The sea was a tad too rough for my liking but i set up and cast one rod just short another even shorter.Did'nt take long and the first flounder was landed,then another bite and the first turbot of the season.To say i was delighted was an understatement,first sech,first cast,and Tony got a turbot before Gus again,turbot on a wee pool(just in case of Gus appear, the poor man doesn't know what a turbot looks like)quick look at the rods and another bite resulting in the second turbot of the day,re bait cast again and soon after turbot number 3 was landed...now if Carlsberg made turbot fishing...Soon after Linchy arrived and had a look at my aquarium and said Gus is not coming...he's decorating...i was gutted...it is not the same without the wee man especially after mission accomplished, fish back to the open sea and Kevin set up just to my right,with the flounders taking center stage now, i landed another 3,then from my right comes a familiar shout...turbooooooooottttttttt, Linchy just landed his first turbot of the year,great stuff,i reached for the inside pocket of my floatie jacket and reached for 2 of my 3 cigars...time to celebrate the beginning of the turbot season.
As the tide turned and the day give way to night the wee coal fish moved in...after about 2 hours on the flood Kevin got a nice knock,and then his line went crazy,after a good scrap he landed a wee sea trout of about 1 1/2lbs, nice wee fish and what a way to end the night,after a couple of pics Kevin ventured knee deep into the surf to release the fish.
Soon after and with the poor man soaking we decided to call it a night and made the long way to the car.
Venue Pirates Graveyard
Bait Mackerel and Bluey
Fish 4 turbots,6 flounders,1 sea trout,and countless small coal fish
I will post some pics soon.
Regards
Tony

G

·
Well done mate congratulations...............punheteiro. Those bunkers been buried for well over 10years. Was another one at council carpark as well on the left. Pity the bigger coalie didn't put a show in................you win for this year.

·
Registered
561 Posts
aye it was a nice sesh, but after Pinky (the pink jinx) doing his usual turbo dance when the bites dried up (think the turbo dance scared the turbos off as we never got another after it) , I landed a nice wee bar o silver but wasn't too disappointed lol, but considering not perfect conditions but good conditions we both landed fish which is always a bonus , I ended the night with 3 flooks, 1 turbot , 2 coalies and a fishy bonus sea trout

lynchy

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Graet wee sesh, I'm jealous

·
Registered
590 Posts
Spot on Tony, dibbing rights to you again!!!!
A good sesh for the 2 of you there, a busy one.
Cheers for posting it up.
Freck

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
:marinheir well done tony thats a bag and a half m8t , :thumbs:

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's some pics for Gus to see how a turbot look's like

Attachments

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done mate congratulations...............punheteiro. Those bunkers been buried for well over 10years. Was another one at council carpark as well on the left. Pity the bigger coalie didn't put a show in................you win for this year.
Cheers mentor,i was shocked to see them,kind of a weird surprise,apart from the dunes,the beach look very much featureless.

Tony your a c**t:kissing:
Aye but a good one
Sounds like a cracking session - I havent caught many turbot (2 I think ) - so It would be great to see them coming in like that !! i
Thanks Peter
Graet wee sesh, I'm jealous
Thanks,one is for sure you don't require your casting technique to reach the fish.
Spot on Tony, dibbing rights to you again!!!!
A good sesh for the 2 of you there, a busy one.
Cheers for posting it up.
Freck
Thanks Freck,was not a bad sesh,i am looking forward for the summer fishing when the bigger fish comes closer,if the weather is kind to us...
good sesh tony keep it up jim!
Cheers Jim
:marinheir well done tony thats a bag and a half m8t , :thumbs:
Cheers Paul,the weather was just perfect for...cod

Regards
Tony

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aye, going by their size they had your name all over them mate.
Those ones are well over Tony's size...Kevin one was about Tony size tough... :bleh: :bleh:
Just got a PM from Alan...are you free Sunday?
Regards
Tony

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Never caught a Turbo, hoping to find one down this end in the summer, maybe even before the summer! Well done on your bag of fish.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts